Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 01-19-2010, 11:49 AM   #41
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

I really don't "think" about much of anything while I'm on the bike, and that's why I like to ride. I turn off, other than the motor skills of riding and watching for hazards but thats almost background unless I'm pushing. I will have fleeting thoughts of any and everything for brief moments, check out some scenery, but mostly just "be" on the bike.

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:01 PM   #42
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I don't listen to music when I ride and I usually only think about the ride itself. As others mentioned...the sounds...the smells...just stuff in general related to the ride. I also think about the what if's...deer running out...what's that cager going to do...etc...etc.... I also check my mirrors a lot to check on the wife who is usually in tow on her R6 to make sure she's doing ok.

I love riding and since it hit 60 yesterday we had a nice ride. Saturday was in the mid to upper 50's so me and a freiend took off and had a blast.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:09 PM   #43
t-homo
WSB Champion

I normally sing some song to myself out loud inside my helmet for the entire ride.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:28 PM   #44
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by was92v View Post
If I am just cruising a long straight road, I wander mentally a little, but I try to avoid those type roads. I keep busy in there analyzing my riding and the ride itself which pushes the rest away. When I am pushing hard on the street or track I yell at myself fairly often when I make a mistake. It helps me that to refocus myself on the job at hand.
I have never listened to music when I ride, but I think when I'm sporting it would be a distraction.
Ditto that, wade.

When I'm doing the boring stuff, I'll wander around upstairs & make plans, (over)analyze stuff, sing goofy shit, etc. But on a couple of occasions that has caught me 'out' slightly - not enough to be truly 'oh shit' moments, but enough to really impress on me that when I'm in la-la land is when I'm most likely to get my ticket punched. So mostly I try to just sing/hum goofy shit & enjoy the music going on below (easy on the VFR!), but mostly focus on the sheer no-words-needed sweetness of the ride (and staying alive for many, many more!).
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:52 PM   #45
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

I also find it depends on what kind of road I'm on. When I'm up in the mountains, I'm completely focused on the ride- sight lines, potential hazards, angles, and all the physics of riding. It's a nice change of pace. When I'm traveling through the country I tend to take in the scenery a lot, possibly more than I should. When I'm commuting or driving the Interstate is when I do my best thinking... problem solving, inventions, life decisions, anything that I otherwise can't clear my head well enough to focus on day-to-day.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:05 AM   #46
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

"Don't do it dude... don't turn left in front of me... don't DO it... F*CK, I KNEW you were going to do that"

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:38 AM   #47
Rider
Moto GP Star

Hating people. That's all I think about. How do I get around this stupid fuck or why is this fucktard on my ass? Or sometimes hoping that the gearless fucker who just went by me on one wheel would wreck. I have also been known to waive the middle finger at people who alter my ride by making me speed up slowdown, or change course.

So my rides usually are expletive laced, finger flying tirades.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:40 AM   #48
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Hating people. That's all I think about. How do I get around this stupid fuck or why is this fucktard on my ass? Or sometimes hoping that the gearless fucker who just went by me on one wheel would wreck. I have also been known to waive the middle finger at people who alter my ride by making me speed up slowdown, or change course.

So my rides usually are expletive laced, finger flying tirades.
You need to calm down.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:43 AM   #49
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
You need to calm down.
Fuck you!
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:45 AM   #50
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Hating people...
Why so angry, grasshoppa?

I can relate though - sometimes I get very, very aggravated by people doing stupid shit, especially when it endangers me! One of my major pet-peeves has been people parking in the fast-lane and being either oblivious or simply refusing to move over for faster traffic. That, and other asshat driving behavior has caused me to 'ride angry' far too often. One of my 'resolutions' (not really new-years, but close enough), is to let go of that shit & not let other peoples' inconsiderate behavior dictate my mood nearly so much. Like water off a duck's back...
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote