Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-19-2008, 07:42 AM   #71
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT BSTRD View Post
You just never think to ask if the vaccinations are safe.
Because in general they are, and the diseases they protect you from aren't.

My 3 kids had their scheduled vaccines, Both my boys were slowish talking, But I believe it was due to ear/sinus problems.
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:54 AM   #72
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsv1000R View Post
Because in general they are, and the diseases they protect you from aren't.

My 3 kids had their scheduled vaccines, Both my boys were slowish talking, But I believe it was due to ear/sinus problems.

Great. I'll send my kid over without his meds for a week and you can tell me if you think it's an ear/sinus problem.

You place far too much faith in pharmaceutical companies. If there is nothing to worry about, why the law limiting liability for the pharmaceutical companies?

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:26 AM   #73
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT BSTRD View Post
Great. I'll send my kid over without his meds for a week and you can tell me if you think it's an ear/sinus problem.

You place far too much faith in pharmaceutical companies. If there is nothing to worry about, why the law limiting liability for the pharmaceutical companies?
Come on, I wasn't implying that's what's wrong with your children, I was stating they didn't bother mine.

Because the courts have gotten out of control, and no matter how many people some medicines are tested on, when a hundred or a thousand times as many people take the medicines there could be new unexpected side effects. Now, we do need to keep an eye on them to keep them honest, But I think for the most they're trying, and what they do isn't all that easy or cheap.

Last edited by Rsv1000R; 11-19-2008 at 09:29 AM..
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:01 AM   #74
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsv1000R View Post
Come on, I wasn't implying that's what's wrong with your children, I was stating they didn't bother mine.

Because the courts have gotten out of control, and no matter how many people some medicines are tested on, when a hundred or a thousand times as many people take the medicines there could be new unexpected side effects. Now, we do need to keep an eye on them to keep them honest, But I think for the most they're trying, and what they do isn't all that easy or cheap.
I understand. I'm not attacking you.

The vaccinations don't affect the vast majority of those who take them. Unfortunately, 1 in 130 ARE affected. These odds are much better than the lottery that something will happen when your child takes them.

The problem is that those whose children aren't affected use that as evidence that there is nothing wrong. It only means that there is nothing wrong with YOUR kids, but not that there isn't anything wrong with the vaccinations. I believe that there are certain genetic predispositions that make the preservatives in the vaccinations more active in creating neural connection problems. So much so that they DID remove these preservatives in 2003 and 2004. Unfortunately, there was no provision made to remove the vaccinations from the shelves that already contained mercury based preservatives. These vaccinations are good for 5-10 years on the shelf.

I understand limiting liabilities, but what was interesting was that the limitations weren't on ALL medications. The limitations were specifically with regard to vaccinations. This is why you DON'T see ambulance chaser adds on tv for autism or Thimerasol poisoning.

The use of Ethylmercury as a preservative was banned worldwide between 1977 and 1980. The United States was the only country to continue to use Thimerosal as a preservative.

The content of mercury per dose is 10-12.5 micrograms. Per the EPA, this is over 100 times the upper limit when you factor in the body mass of an infant.

Again, I'm not attacking you. There are issues with vaccinations, but because it doesn't affect most children it goes largely unnoticed.

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote