Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-16-2008, 05:22 PM   #21
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheBiker View Post
that site is SO misguided I dont even know where to begin. Aspergers is a form of autism, that I happen to have. it really does fuck you up on a social level, some of us are very picky eaters, most people with this diagnosis actually think WAY above the normal person's level and we find something we want to do, and we become masters of that skill or thing.

people with aspergers are usually just like everyone else, provided we have some guidance to figure out where our interests lie.
lol so its kind of like having reverse ADD.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:32 PM   #22
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheBiker View Post
that site is SO misguided I dont even know where to begin. Aspergers is a form of autism, that I happen to have. it really does fuck you up on a social level, some of us are very picky eaters, most people with this diagnosis actually think WAY above the normal person's level and we find something we want to do, and we become masters of that skill or thing.

people with aspergers are usually just like everyone else, provided we have some guidance to figure out where our interests lie.

You describe my son.

He has what is called Sensory Integration Disorder. This means that what would be basic sensory input for a normal person gets processed either incorrectly or more intensely for him. When he was one, he felt the icing on his birthday cake and proceeded to puke all over his cake because of the texture. He couldn't eat without throwing up for the first two years of his life. He is currently on a strict diet of fruit, chicken nuggets, crackers, chips, crunchy cereal, grilled cheese, and french fries. He rarely leaves the house without a hoodie or a jacket. None of his shirts can have any sort of tag or label in them. He has a hard time wearing shoes. We used to have to strap a lead vest to him to give him deep tissue stimulation. He currently wears a backpack nearly everywhere we go. It was great when we went to Disney World. The heavier the backpack the better he liked it. Eventually, I just had my wallet and phone. He carried everything else.

My son has no concept of abstract thought. He completely doesn't understand sarcasm. Everything is literal. EVERYTHING.

Noah is obsessive about certain subjects. He loves space. Everything space. He is also obsessed with maps. An ninjas.

We have him currently on three different medications. We took him off of them one summer to see if he could cope without them. We really don't like to medicate him if we don't need to. He was a raving lunatic off the meds. He sat in the corner and cried, screamed, and ranted.

We have had him tested in every manner possible including MRI, EEG, and CAT Scan. He has even been to Chicago to be tested for heavy metal contamination and mineral imbalance.

I firmly believe that the majority of autism cases in the United States is caused by mercury contamination in childhood vaccinations. The latest study on the subject compared autism occurance in the general population vs. that in Amish and Mennonite communities. Since these communities don't vaccinate children, there were zero incidences of mercury contamination via vaccination. There were virtually NO cases of autism in these communities.

The Federal Government has required that future vaccinations be made from single doses verses the multi-dose containers and that these vaccinations be mecury preservative free. The Federal Government also allowed that existing stores of vaccinations may be utilized until depleted.

The Federal Government also passed a law that pharmaceutical companies can not be sued should any future studies discover a link between childhood vaccinations and autism.

Thanks Senator Frist. You're a dick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
lol so its kind of like having reverse ADD.

Yep. My son is like a friggin' cruise missle when it's something he wants.

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:43 PM   #23
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

I have relatively frequent occurrences of asparagus syndrome

I like to eat asparagus and it gives me stinky pee.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:46 PM   #24
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post

there's a line... you crossed it around "I"

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:57 PM   #25
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post

The worst is eating asparagus and then going to bed. You forget that you ate it and then gag yourself the first thing the next morning.

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:38 PM   #26
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT BSTRD View Post
The worst is eating asparagus and then going to bed. You forget that you ate it and then gag yourself the first thing the next morning.
Best dutch ovens in the world.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:45 PM   #27
t-homo
WSB Champion

I had a beer fart dutch oven last night. it was terrible.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:49 PM   #28
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
I had a beer fart dutch oven last night. it was terrible.
Tell your BF that's rude and you won't stand for it... especially while you're blowing him.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:55 PM   #29
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Tell your BF that's rude and you won't stand for it... especially while you're blowing him.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:57 PM   #30
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
You sir are a dick. Its funny hearing good insults again though.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote