All that other shit is gay.

JC
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:26 AM   #12
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8050

Try this for lifting for starters...since you're basically clueless on lifting.

Now for the important stuff. EATING. You need to eat, but need to eat good shit, not shit foods. At your age, just eat alot, making sure you stay away from the crap (pizza, cakes, alcohol etc.). Try to eat alot of meat and good fats (olive oil, fish oil, nuts) along with alot of water. Also, take a multivitamin and calcium.

Eat 5-7 meals a day...

I would also do so low intensity cardio a few times a week to get the fat off.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:24 AM   #13
Digifox
Cl4p-Trap

Moto: Your mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Ah, well played ol' chap.

Where in Columbus do you live? I spent 9 years there... fucking better than Orlando, that's for sure...
Lol Gays mah game.

Uh, well where im at is considered Groveport
Not to far from Downtown. .
Old 11-17-2008, 01:19 PM   #14
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Based on the homotastic pictures you put in the member pics thread, you should probably go out and purchase a pituitary gland.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:32 PM   #15
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

At your age it's lack of calories keeping you from gaining muscle mass. I had the same problem at that age too. I ended up going to a 6000 calorie a day diet and put on 25lbs of muscle in 3 months at the start of it. HeavyWeight Gainer is a good drink suppliment that tastes decent (chocolate), it's all protien, carbs and vitamins and gives you a killer carb boost if you drink a glass right before your workout. I drank 2 glasses a day and ate seconds at meals and snacked in between meals. I went from 150 to 175 lbs in that 3 months.

But don't worry, if you get a desk job in your early 30's you can gain weight real easy then

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:37 PM   #16
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

change comes from persistance and lifestyle. You can work out all day long, but if you're eating 700 callorie microwave dinners and 1400 callorie fast food you're never gonna drop weight. and if you constantly do the same workout your body is only going to begin to tolerate it and eventually you're just going to hit a plateau, and the longer you continue that routine the worse it'll get.

you've probobly got unrealistic expectations. Those abercrombie models you're trying to look like spend hours a day working out... that much time working on your personal appearance accumulates a lot of vanity.

I get mens health monthly, usually gives me new excersizes to try out. I dont try to get ripped though, just like the feeling of working out. good therapy.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:41 PM   #17
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
just like the feeling of working out. good therapy.
if I don't get some exertion out by lifting or something like that, I get all cranky and stressed and such.

Gotta have an outlet.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:55 PM   #18
Digifox
Cl4p-Trap

Moto: Your mom.

About the abercrombie
pic

Lol it was only a joke
Since some fiends said it looked like i was posing for abercrombie(so i Shopped it)

But i dont have any rel Expectations i just want to be a little more defined . .
Since im still a little "flabby"

It actually took me a year to get how i am now. . . .But i started slow and kept going till i couldn't go anymore
Old 11-17-2008, 02:23 PM   #19
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifox View Post
About the abercrombie
pic

Lol it was only a joke
Since some fiends said it looked like i was posing for abercrombie(so i Shopped it)

But i dont have any rel Expectations i just want to be a little more defined . .
Since im still a little "flabby"

It actually took me a year to get how i am now. . . .But i started slow and kept going till i couldn't go anymore

yea.... sure........

a thousand people will give you a thousand different bits of advice that all contradict each other. The trick is finding what works for your body.

The goal of building muscle is to break it down. In your arms you have fast twitch muscle fibers(cells) that each run the entire length of the muscle. When stressed the actin and myosin fibers that enable your muscles to contract are not able to sustain that weight or resistance....

ah fuck it i dont feel like a long drawn out medical speech. Just keep in mind that protein is the basis for cellular development, doing small weight with lots of reps burns more calories (makes you leaner) and condition muscle cells better (enables them to produce ATP more efficiently) and large weight breaks down muscle fiber and triggers chemicals that promote cellular growth. Calcium is important factor in muscle strength as well. a muscle cells sarcoplasmic reticulum releases C+ that bonds to troponin and enables your muscle to contract by allowing the cross bridges on an actin strand to grasp a myosin strand, causing each sacromere in a muscle strand to condense, which causes contraction.

i couldnt help it.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:41 PM   #20
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

To get big, eat big, lift big. The more you put into it the more you get out of it. Proper nutrition, keep 3 sets of 8-10 reps with weight that puts you at muscle failure (point at which you really can't possible do one more).

Be sure and leave off every other day and perhaps schedule yourself a workout rotation that will give you 3 days between repeats. Take vitamin and dietary supplements if you like (costs money you know). I take creatine and Nitric Oxide as well as protien supplments (bars and shakes).

Stay with it (you'll reach a plateau) and change routines often to keep yourself amused and your muscles confused. Rewards take work! Good Luck!

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote