call the locksmith @ $125 32 84.21%
lie and say you'd call the locksmith, but prolly call teh FD 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2009, 03:53 PM   #141
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Me too, although she said she knew he deserved alot of what he got. I think he likes to push people's buttons too. Just like what he did recently. He started a thread about what happened and when everyone stated they would have done something else BUT use the fire dept he decided to make THIS thread/poll about it even after everyone had said they would have done something else.....like he was adding more fuel to the fire. I'm not quite sure why she stepped in the middle of this one and saying what she did seeing he was keeping the whole debate going with the new thread, although I'm sure after seeing him get blasted for shit for years it's finally gotten to her.

I didn't even think the FD would do anything like open locked doors in a non-emegerncy situation. Maybe if a small child had been locked inside I could see doing it. It's not exactly an emergency but if it was going to take a locksmith a long time to get there as opposed the FD getting there quicker....there's lots of stuff a small child can get into and potentially hurt themselves....maybe then I would have considered it after exhausting other routes (like a locksmith taking a really long time getting there or not being able to break into my own house, which I've always been able to do) if I would have known about it. Regardless if I'm paying taxes or not (when I was buying my own place) for emergency services, I've never used the service unless I've had to....in an emergency. I'm pretty sure that since the FD appeared not to be busy, they thought nothing of it, but what kind of fiasco could have happened if they would have gotten a real emergency call? I can't speak for Ed and Z, but if it were me, I would have felt really bad knowing that my non-emergency could have hindered a real emergency if they would have gotten the call.

I used to fuss at my mom for using EMS to take her to the hospital when she started having problems breathing, especially after she would lay there for hours having problems, then not bothering to wake my aunt up (if it was in the middle of the night) to take her because she didn't want to bother her. But she could bother others for the same service my aunt could have done...take her to ER. She wasn't getting seen any quicker. Her argument was they'd check her out and put her on O2 quicker on the way. The hospital is 10 minutes away from her. Add the time it takes them to get to her then back to the ED....it would have been quicker for her to get my aunt to take her and she still could have been checked out just as quick because she was a regular at the ED. Then add the extra fees for ambulatory services that Medicare paid for on top of it. To me, it never made any sense, but I could never get her to understand that. The last year she was alive, everytime she went to the ED, she went by ambulance...and she went at least once every other month.

Even as part of the first responders I had situations that were non emergencies come through and people would get pissed because I either had to place them on hold or couldn't help them because I was handling things that were emergencies. I've learned that alot of people define their needing "help" as an "emergency".....95% of the time, it's not a true emergency. But try telling them that....
Seemed kels comments kinda triggered the whole shitstorm too, I actualy though tit was goin got escalate since some people were on one side or the other but it kinda died down which is good.

For your moms situation, the problem with driving them to the hospital is if something happens en route you cant do much and its tougher for the ambulance ot find you as opposed to an address. we had that debate at the job site this week.

I see the complainers in the ER too, some think that because they got a ride in the red and white taxi they need to be seen right away and get mad when thats not the case.

Now I wish these guys would get this crane set up so i can go home

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:07 PM   #142
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Seemed kels comments kinda triggered the whole shitstorm too, I actualy though tit was goin got escalate since some people were on one side or the other but it kinda died down which is good.

For your moms situation, the problem with driving them to the hospital is if something happens en route you cant do much and its tougher for the ambulance ot find you as opposed to an address. we had that debate at the job site this week.

I see the complainers in the ER too, some think that because they got a ride in the red and white taxi they need to be seen right away and get mad when thats not the case.

Now I wish these guys would get this crane set up so i can go home

Tom
True. You let one person speak their mind and not put fluff around the edges and someone's va-jay-jay gets hurts, thus deeming the other person a bitch or an asshole for speaking their minds....these people are usually the ones that bitch about being in a nanny state. It's ok for them to want to speak their minds but let another do it that collides with them.... "I'm going to take my ball and play somewhere else because you're a bitch/cunt/asshole/dick and don't see things MY WAY!!!!"

My mom's condition was always the same and it was mainly due to anxiety and she knew this. She'd get upset, have problems breathing, which would upset her even more, eventually escalating the issue to an eventual taxi ride to the hospital after HOURS of fighting it. After the first couple of rides, it became routine. All because she'd get upset and couldn't calm herself down. If it would have been because of any other possible medical conditions, by all means go and GO NOW...not wait hours into the process because she didn't want to go. She'd always call me upset and crying, "I'm having problems breathing and I can't get it under control...I don't want to go to ED." I'd always ask her if she had any other problems, like her heart beating faster, any pain or tingling, how was her blood pressure and blood sugar then end with, "you know you're upset. Try to calm yourself down or get my aunt (who lived with her) to take you to the ED." "But I don't want to go/I don't want to bother her." Grrr.... "Mama, do you want me to come get you?" "No, I don't want to bother you either." Arrggghh!!! Then why the fuck did you call???? (of course, I didn't say this) I'd stay on the phone with her trying to think of things or say something that would be relaxing or help calm her down. A few hours later my aunt would call me telling me she called EMS to take her...again. Old people get stuck in their way of doing things/thinking and I guess us younger folk don't understand. God I hope I don't get that mindset when I get old.

Crane? I guess you get to stick around in case it falls on someone. Lucky you. How much longer do you think they'll be?

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:11 PM   #143
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
True. You let one person speak their mind and not put fluff around the edges and someone's va-jay-jay gets hurts, thus deeming the other person a bitch or an asshole for speaking their minds....these people are usually the ones that bitch about being in a nanny state. It's ok for them to want to speak their minds but let another do it that collides with them.... "I'm going to take my ball and play somewhere else because you're a bitch/cunt/asshole/dick and don't see things MY WAY!!!!"

My mom's condition was always the same and it was mainly due to anxiety and she knew this. She'd get upset, have problems breathing, which would upset her even more, eventually escalating the issue to an eventual taxi ride to the hospital after HOURS of fighting it. After the first couple of rides, it became routine. All because she'd get upset and couldn't calm herself down. If it would have been because of any other possible medical conditions, by all means go and GO NOW...not wait hours into the process because she didn't want to go. She'd always call me upset and crying, "I'm having problems breathing and I can't get it under control...I don't want to go to ED." I'd always ask her if she had any other problems, like her heart beating faster, any pain or tingling, how was her blood pressure and blood sugar then end with, "you know you're upset. Try to calm yourself down or get my aunt (who lived with her) to take you to the ED." "But I don't want to go/I don't want to bother her." Grrr.... "Mama, do you want me to come get you?" "No, I don't want to bother you either." Arrggghh!!! Then why the fuck did you call???? (of course, I didn't say this) A few hours later my aunt would call me telling me she called EMS to take her...again. Old people get stuck in their way of doing things/thinking and I guess us younger folk don't understand. God I hope I don't get that mindset when I get old.

Crane? I guess you get to stick around in case it falls on someone. Lucky you. How much longer do you think they'll be?
Word is 6pm but theyre cutting me loose in 15 minutes.

here and on Cf I didnt realy see any real calling out like we did here (or not that often anyway) esp between 2 established members like that. I am curious to see if ed and Z do return in any capacity or have just totally moved on

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:14 PM   #144
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Word is 6pm but theyre cutting me loose in 15 minutes.

here and on Cf I didnt realy see any real calling out like we did here (or not that often anyway) esp between 2 established members like that. I am curious to see if ed and Z do return in any capacity or have just totally moved on

Tom
There was a few statements that were made over there. I'm surprised you didn't see any. Either a mod would actually say something about keeping it civil or just lock the thread. It didn't happen much but I remember a few...

I like Z and hope she does return. She's good people. Ed always makes things interesting to say the least.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:18 PM   #145
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

For the record I don't think Z and Ed have left at all. I don't think that's what they meant (referring to Z's comment) about taking their ball and going home. I think she was just trying to put a humorous spin on her comments.

People are allowed to disagree right? I never thought that either of them were storming off the forum so to speak. Z doesn't post all that much anyways so it isn't really out of character for her to not post again for a bit.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote