Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 11-06-2009, 03:21 PM   #71
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Unfortunately you're talking about a large percentage of the American general public.

Not in any way advocating or defending the man's actions, he's an idiot, its clear for all to see. My point is that Officers certainly have to be held to a much, much higher standard than the public they deal with. In fact, they need a mentality of service and courtesy first, and that was not displayed in this video.
I'd say the fact that he didn't shoot him puts him in that "higher standard" category.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:23 PM   #72
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
I'd say the fact that he didn't shoot him puts him in that "higher standard" category.
No, that means he didn't get a prison sentence for shooting an unarmed man. (Assuming he was in fact unarmed, which appears to be the case)

Him being able to respectfully diffuse the situation without violence would've put him in the "higher standard" category. Thousands of cops across the country do it everyday, this one failed.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:46 PM   #73
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Aren't you against the street racing laws in your province? Didn't you say you didn't like them because they were a means for an officer to dish out punishment on the side of the highway without due process?

I'm going from memory here, so feel free to correct me. But, I believe you said they essentially caused you financial hardship without the option to plead your case. Even if you're innocent, you still have to pay the fees accrued due to the impounding of your car.

Now, change all of that to "taser" and tell me what the difference is? Instead of money, they cause you pain and potentially stop your heart. They assume you guilty and enact corporal punishment on you, at their discretion.

Why are you for one and against the other?
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:18 PM   #74
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
The suspect in question is not a soldier in the military and should not be expected to respond 100% favorably to being barked at.
He (the guy pulled over) had a gun (a real one) pointed at his head. I'm no language expert but I think a gun being pointed at a head is international language for "do the fuck as I say". If it was a bank robber holding a gun to him and asking for his money in Latin, that dumbasses wallet would be out with the 20/10/5/1s seperated in decending order and on his knees ready to give a blow job to him.

He was wanting to be "big and bad" in front of that cop and got tasered. Infact I wanted to taser the cop after hearing 2 minutes of "Turn around, put your hands on your head. Turn around, put your hands on your head. Turn around, put your hands on your head. Turn around, put your hands on your head. Turn around, put your hands on your head. Turn around, put your hands on your head. Turn around, put your hands on your head. Turn around, put your hands on your head. Turn around, put your hands on your head. Turn around, put your hands on your head. Turn around, put your hands on your head. Turn around, put your hands on your head. Turn around, put your hands on your head. Turn around, put your hands on your head."

Deserved 100%. 20 years ago he would have had his ass beat by the 2nd "turn around"
Old 11-06-2009, 05:24 PM   #75
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
He (the guy pulled over) had a gun (a real one) pointed at his head. I'm no language expert but I think a gun being pointed at a head is international language for "do the fuck as I say". If it was a bank robber holding a gun to him and asking for his money in Latin, that dumbasses wallet would be out with the 20/10/5/1s seperated in decending order and on his knees ready to give a blow job to him.

He was wanting to be "big and bad" in front of that cop and got tasered. Infact I wanted to taser the cop after hearing 2 minutes of "Turn around, put your hands on your head. Turn around, put your hands on your head. Turn around, put your hands on your head. Turn around, put your hands on your head. Turn around, put your hands on your head. Turn around, put your hands on your head. Turn around, put your hands on your head. Turn around, put your hands on your head. Turn around, put your hands on your head. Turn around, put your hands on your head. Turn around, put your hands on your head. Turn around, put your hands on your head. Turn around, put your hands on your head. Turn around, put your hands on your head."

Deserved 100%. 20 years ago he would have had his ass beat by the 2nd "turn around"
And 40 years ago the KKK was murdering blacks in the south and being acquitted by all-white juries, shall we go back to those times as well. I bet some of those people resisted before the local cops/KKK members killed them.

Extreme example? Sure it is, but it is why we can not give police absolute power.

Somewhere there is a video that I couldn't find of a State Trooper writing a guy a speeding ticket while the guy screams and cusses every name in the book at the Trooper. The man tears the ticket up and throws it out the window at which point the Trooper tells him to pick it up or get fined for littering, which the guy does...but in an aggressive manner. This Trooper is extremely calm, does not yell, does not bark and treats the deranged motorist with respect and courtesy despite the man's behavior. Trooper doesn't even taser or beat him when he exits the vehicle to pick up said ticket.

The Officer in the video posted here is obviously fearful and agitated from the moment he opened his car door. That is a problem. Again, officers have to be tactful, calm and resourceful enough to diffuse adverse situations without violence. Allowing them to tase everyone that does not immediately comply with the orders they bark out puts us closer to a police state mentality.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Old 11-06-2009, 05:33 PM   #76
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

If the guy had gotten out of the car and into that cops face Kaneman...thinks might have been different. The key is STAY IN YOUR CAR. You can bitch all you want in your car. You get out and start moving towards the officer..different story. And no he isn't going to taze a guy he just asked to pick something up as he is picking it up...cause he was COMPLYING.

Here is a video I found that show how careful officers are during traffic stops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH6z2zoZU2E&feature=fvw

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)

Last edited by HokieDNA01; 11-06-2009 at 05:45 PM..
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:35 PM   #77
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
If the guy had gotten out of the car and into that cops face Kaneman...thinks might have been different. The key is STAY IN YOUR CAR. You can bitch all you want in your car. You get out and start moving towards the officer..different story. And no he isn't going to taze a guy he just asked to pick something up as he is picking it up...cause he was COMPLYING.
He did get out of his car and within striking distance of the cop. He got out to pick up the ticket he tore up and threw out the window. The Trooper could've reacted physically at that point, but he didn't. He was confident in his ability to protect himself and not fearful.

Asking nicely is the difference maker. Maybe this cop would've asked nicely and the subject would've complied....or maybe not, but you extend respect and courtesy first and go from there.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:02 PM   #78
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
And 40 years ago the KKK was murdering blacks in the south and being acquitted by all-white juries, shall we go back to those times as well. I bet some of those people resisted before the local cops/KKK members killed them.

Extreme example? Sure it is, but it is why we can not give police absolute power.
Damn. I got the race card thrown at me. I lose.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:47 AM   #79
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Yes he did, he first got out of the car, then he tried to approach the officer after being told to get back in his car. The police officer was more than patient with him. He had over 3 minutes to comply and he didn't. When he screamed like a little bitch I laughed my ass off because he had it coming.

When you are pulled over and you get out of you car, you are trying to hide something.. open container, drugs, weapons, dead body...or whatever. Sit your ass in the car and take your lumps.
I agree. Esp. at night you do not get out of your car and approach police with your hands waving around yelling shit at them.

The cops gave the guy plenty of opprotunity to let them diffuse the situation and the guy simply didn't take it. The safety of others and the officers has to come first before you start spouting off what your rights are or aren't.

Did I think the guy should have been tasered? No because the three cops could have taken him down without it. But, I'm not going to fault the cops for using it. He was warned plenty of times.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote