Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-06-2008, 06:10 PM   #41
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Not sure if you meant to literally wait until it gets out of hand or not, but to me, any crying or whining is out of hand at a restaurant. My little girl started to cry but I didn't let it get out of hand. Picked her up immediately and took her outside. Sat her down and had a talk with her and let her know that the next time we step outside, she's getting her butt whipped. Went back inside and she apologized to everyone at the table and sat there and ate the rest of her food. She was two when that happened. She still starts to cry/throw fits, but I stop her immediately, even at the house. IF my talk doesn't work at the house, she goes to her room and stays there till she's done. 9 times out of 10, a stern look from me accompanied by a "knock it off" stops the fit in it's tracks. She's only allowed to cry when she's hurt. No fits allowed in my presence. Period.
wish more parents would have that approach
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:45 PM   #42
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

parenting looks like it may be along the lines of politics...everyone has their own ideas of what is and isnt right or acceptable...lets make sure we all agree to disagree if needed k? I know that no one is trying to hurt anyone elses feelings here...

My .02 on the whole thing: I cant stand misbehaved children at all. And that would be on my list as well. Theres nothing worse to me than a small child running amuk in a food joint or a shopping place unsupervised by parents sitting and bs'ing, one because its just dangerous and two, because for some reason I am always the one they bounce off of...

I would make a horrible mother because I am the "point and frown" type person. I was a nazi when it came to my furry babies, but after their first year or so, I never had to do more than point and clear my throat and they would knock off whatever they were doing. I dont like loud noises and with all 6 of mine, they didnt even bark if that tells you anything.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:53 PM   #43
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
parenting looks like it may be along the lines of politics...everyone has their own ideas of what is and isnt right or acceptable...lets make sure we all agree to disagree if needed k? I know that no one is trying to hurt anyone elses feelings here...

My .02 on the whole thing: I cant stand misbehaved children at all. And that would be on my list as well. Theres nothing worse to me than a small child running amuk in a food joint or a shopping place unsupervised by parents sitting and bs'ing, one because its just dangerous and two, because for some reason I am always the one they bounce off of...

I would make a horrible mother because I am the "point and frown" type person. I was a nazi when it came to my furry babies, but after their first year or so, I never had to do more than point and clear my throat and they would knock off whatever they were doing. I dont like loud noises and with all 6 of mine, they didnt even bark if that tells you anything.
that's cause they think your one of them... midget
Old 03-06-2008, 07:09 PM   #44
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
burn....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:55 PM   #45
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Somebody chewing food or gum.... Thats just gross.
I used to bang this chick that would have been my girlfriend if I could stand to eat a meal with her... She chewed with her mouth open.. that's a deal breaker for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Not sure if you meant to literally wait until it gets out of hand or not, but to me, any crying or whining is out of hand at a restaurant. My little girl started to cry but I didn't let it get out of hand. Picked her up immediately and took her outside. Sat her down and had a talk with her and let her know that the next time we step outside, she's getting her butt whipped. Went back inside and she apologized to everyone at the table and sat there and ate the rest of her food. She was two when that happened. She still starts to cry/throw fits, but I stop her immediately, even at the house. IF my talk doesn't work at the house, she goes to her room and stays there till she's done. 9 times out of 10, a stern look from me accompanied by a "knock it off" stops the fit in it's tracks. I'll also just keep saying "stop" and then when she's down to sniffling, I'll ask what's wrong. She'll tell me, and I'll ask, "is that any reason to cry?" followed by, "all you have to say is..." She'll usually say okay and then tell me what upset her, I take care of it, and she's happy. She's only allowed to cry when she's hurt. No fits allowed in my presence. Period.
I'm a firm believer that if your kid is out of control in public, it's your fault. My sis and bro-in-law are AMAZING when it comes to this... Much like you, they nip it in the bud IMMEDIATELY. I've been out to eat dozens of times an almost every time my sis is out in the parking lot with my niece... first talkin', then spankin'. They'd pay for a meal and leave a restruant prior to eating before they'd let my neice/nephew get out of control.

As hard as it is to believe I was an out of control kid... Anytime my neice gets out of line and my sis takes care of it, my mom is always like, "if I would have just been proactive instead of reactive with you." I always tell her, then I wouldn't have my award winning personality.

Other things that bother me...

Grinding teeth... one of my ex's had TMJ and the sound of her griding her teeth would wake me up at night...

The sound of my cat hacking up a hairball from some mysterious location... the unknown factor is the worst... it's NEVER on the tile floor... always on the carpet, or the bed, or on some furniture....
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:51 AM   #46
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
you think your funny dontcha??!!
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:54 AM   #47
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
you think your funny dontcha??!!
yup... and so do you
Old 03-07-2008, 10:20 AM   #48
vabarber2
ICON FTW!!!

Moto: 00GSXR6

The sound of explosions used to!! But now ive become accustomed to them!! So the new guys who just got here crack me up whenm they hear them and go running for the bunkers!
vabarber2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 11:59 AM   #49
Audiomechanic
Mobile Post-Whore Unit

Moto: 2000 Honda Magna 750

Quote:
wish more parents would have that approach

See where I live, there is a very high hispanic culture here (illegal or not.....mostly illegal) and they DO NOT give a CRAP what their kids do! They somehow just tune it out and let their kid wail in a restaurant for an HOUR! You think I'm exaggerating!!! I'M NOT! So yes, kids crying in restaurants or any public place that's not outside for that matter sends chills up my spine and makes me want to start breaking things. To those parents like Cap and OSP's siblings, kudos. Y'all are the few around here unfortunately.

Another thing that gets me (it's not a sound but gives me the creeping willies anyway) is anything having to do with the eye. Someone putting in a contact, someone touching their eye or removing an eyelash, or even hearing about my co worker's Lasik surgery sends me into a creeped out fit! I can't handle the eyeball.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:51 PM   #50
vabarber2
ICON FTW!!!

Moto: 00GSXR6

I cring at the sound of a kid getting a beating, but then again I get hype about kids acting bad in public and deserving beating but not getting any punishment!
vabarber2 is offline   Reply With Quote