AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory
Default DDM HID install GENII Busa

so i got around to installing my HID's

thanks to this thread, it was alot easier

http://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii...l-removal.html

thanks fella;s

TRY AN AVOID TOUCHING THE ACTUAL BULB!

this is to show basically the entire kit.
your going to eventually cut the clear plastic over the bulb itself and discard it.
i ended up cutting the plastic grommet that held all the wires.
i also cut off some black piece that is show in pic #6
The red and black spades plug into the OE harness. Red - WHITE in the OE harness and Black - BLACK in the OE

everything else pretty much plugs into itself.

to show how small the ballast is

i put everything on the right side, the left has fuses and such

i ended up routing the wiring thru this spot

I also ended up cutting this piece out too, not sure whats is for.

i ended up cutting this grommet thingy out as it prevent the dust cover from closing completely.

this is all you really need coming out of the dust cover (the red and black spades that plug into the OE harness) , i ended up shoving that rubber grommet i cut off, inside the outer tip of this cover to try and keep some water out.

ended up using the double sided tape to hold down the ballast and ignitor (the smaller black box) have an assortment of zip ties ZIC

plug everything together , zip tie as much as possibe.

its really an easy job and if your in town i'd help you put it together. i would say really about an 1/2 hr job. plan ahead. cuz i had to cut alot of elec tape that i had around the OE harness of a few times cuz i found a better path

only shot i have as its raining now, and i also cleaned up my bike

hope this helps

DDM Tuning - HID Kits, HID Bulbs, DEPO Lighting, BMW and Porsche Performance Accessories
$54 delivered
35w 5000k
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:17 AM   #2
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Umm actually, you're supposed to paddle bit a hole in the cover, put the bulb in and use grommet to plug the hole... at least that's the way it was on mine. The inside of the grommet had the bulb and the two leads that go to the stock harness/bulb plug. The stupid black piece is supposed to be broken off, I think that it's used in some applications or heck, it just might be a stand/protector for the bulb. Anyway, I'm glad that you got it working alright for you!!!

For the money, I really don't think that you can go wrong with the DDM set-up. I tried to turn these guys on to them a long time ago but no luck... $54 is stupid cheap for HIDs!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:49 AM   #3
RACER X
AMA Supersport

nope considering there a decent outfit shipping wise, got em 4 days vs 2 weeks last time.

if they last 1 yr for $54 its worth it........let alone the whole lifetime warranty.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:16 AM   #4
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Gas Man and I just hooked up my HID on Thursday. It looks awesome. Really helps with the shitty stock Buell headlight too. We wired up a relay, I still may do a timer delay too.

What color temp is yours?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:17 PM   #5
RACER X
AMA Supersport

2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:46 PM   #6
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I suggest a timer delay or a switch to keep the ballasts from firing as soon as you turn on the key if your lights turn on before the bike starts. Sport bike batteries can't handle the amperage it takes to fire a ballast with the electrical system off, it kills batteries extremely fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:25 PM   #7
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I suggest a timer delay or a switch to keep the ballasts from firing as soon as you turn on the key if your lights turn on before the bike starts. Sport bike batteries can't handle the amperage it takes to fire a ballast with the electrical system off, it kills batteries extremely fast.
There's that second box in the harness from DDM... For what it's worth, I've had HIDs for well over a year without any problems battery wise...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:24 PM   #8
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

I wired up a relay to save my stock wiring. And it puts a noticable draw on the electricle system. And my battery was getting weak to begin with.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:31 PM   #9
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
There's that second box in the harness from DDM... For what it's worth, I've had HIDs for well over a year without any problems battery wise...
That's about when I started having issues with my battery. You can either get a $30 relay or a new battery your choice. I am just an electrical engineer, what do I know about current flow...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:29 PM   #10
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I suggest a timer delay or a switch to keep the ballasts from firing as soon as you turn on the key if your lights turn on before the bike starts.
Ditto that - also because I think it's much harder on the bulb/ballast to cycle on/off/on.

Edit: Here ya go - I may try those on my VFR, and if so I'll probably go w/ this product: http://www.wolstentech.com/products/...delayrelay.php

Last edited by Kerry_129; 10-04-2009 at 08:43 PM..
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote