Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Current Info > Current News > Previous News

Old 08-11-2008, 11:45 AM   #21
Big Kahuna
I'm Kind of a Big Deal!

Moto: 1998 900RR, 2005 1000RR, 2007 GT250R

There is a little info out on Motomummy.

Quote:
CTSMoto Revolution Front Rotors Product Description:
  • Full floating design ( optional noiseless float upon request )
  • Carriers come standard hard ano black or bronze with option of 9 different color rivets ( carriers are available in other colors upon request )
  • Lighter than OEM
  • Improved brake lever feel
  • Less force at lever to produce same stopping force
  • Patented design continually cleans the pad surface
  • Revolutionary design not only looks cool it actually runs cooler than any other stainless steel rotor currently available
  • The Standard Black and bronze carriers and rivets are made from Alcoa Billet aluminum and hard anodized to military spec type 3 finish to improve durability
  • Proprietary formulation of High Carbon 420SS that is spun cast in a patented process that produces a radial grain structure with a near zero porocity improving the strength and durability. The design is cut using a waterjet to reduce the amount of heat introduced into the part while cutting. This prevents work hardening and microfractures that can form during the heat treat stress relieving process. After HT/SR the rotors are Black Zinc passivated to protect the non contact surfaces from corrosion and the elements. The Zinc coated rotors are then double disk ground to ensure they are flat and parallel. The last step is to Cryogenically treat the rotors to stabilize and reduce any remaining internal stresses in the metal.
  • All parts are inspected 100%. We do not inspect by lots we inspect every single part 100%
  • The entire product is manufactured using materials and machines made right here in the USA.
http://www.motomummy.com/store/home.php?cat=444

Last edited by Big Kahuna; 08-12-2008 at 12:43 PM..
Big Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:50 PM   #22
r!der
snowboarder

Moto: 05 GSXR 600

Sweet bike! Always liked that paint scheme.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:43 PM   #23
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

heh this picture promptes me to look up rossi street as a joking copycat shot. but it was a bit too far away for a photo op lol
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #24
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Ah... don't listen to these guys, some people *ahem* can only dream of having such a nice bike....

BTW i see you own/ed a GT250R... what did you think of it? I've heard some ppl love em' and some people absolutely loathe them...
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:40 PM   #25
Big Kahuna
I'm Kind of a Big Deal!

Moto: 1998 900RR, 2005 1000RR, 2007 GT250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Ah... don't listen to these guys, some people *ahem* can only dream of having such a nice bike....

BTW i see you own/ed a GT250R... what did you think of it? I've heard some ppl love em' and some people absolutely loathe them...
Well the GT250R that I own is like no other, so it's hard to compare it to the same bike in stock form. That said, the bike is fun to ride. It has no suspension adjustments other than the rear spring compression, but I have to say that it does pretty well even on the bumpy stuff with my fat ass on it.

The bike weighs a lot less than the stock version, and you can really feel the difference from the bigger bikes. This thing just screams through the corners and I'm begining to understand why the lighter bikes can hold faster corner speeds. The GT250R is built on the same size chassis as the 650, and stands tip to tail with my 900RR and 1000RR. If it wasn't for the smaller engine, you would never know it was such a small bike from just looking at it.

The difference between this bike and the Kawaski 250R is probalby the availablity of better tires for the GT250R. I'm currently running Pilot Powers on the bike with a 160 in the rear. Try that with the Ninja 250R.

cvr_album_118.jpg

Big Kahuna's 2006 Hyosung GT250R
http://www.rocketgtr.com/bikes/?gtr

There's a complete listing of the aftermarket parts on my site. As you can see, there is more into it than the bike is actually worth. Unfortunately for other GT250R owner's, a lot of the bits are one of conversions and not available for sale.