Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #11
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Moto: VTX 1300C, RC51, CBR600RR, CBR929RR

Double bond for "adios," probably a little excessive.

30 days in county for contempt of court as a result of childish actions in the courtroom, I'm all for it.

All-in-all, I'm all for this judge
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"
MikeSP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:11 PM   #12
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
That guy should be removed as a judge if he is doubling the bail for "adios"

Fuck that fat douche
Straw that broke the camel's back. She is applying for a free public defender, but can't answer simple questions about her money. Makes $200 per week but has jewelry like "Rick Ross". Not how to answer a judge's question, especially when you're looking for a hand-out.

I'm pretty sure "Jorge Rodriguez-Chomat" isn't an old white man keeping the latina down.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:56 PM   #13
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Now see...for JUST saying Adios? Yeah...he be trippin' 'n shit!

I thought maybe she flipped him off the first time as she was walking off and we couldn't see it....but DAMN...double the bail over Adios? DAMN!
Im with you. He did his smart ass bye bye and she gets the shaft.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #14
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Im with you. He did his smart ass bye bye and she gets the shaft.
Exactly, it's a double-standard. He gets to put her down by saying she acts like she's in a club, and then his flippant little "bye bye", but when he gets a little of it back he can't take it.

Judges get too much power & respect IMO. What, just because you wear a robe, we're supposed to treat you almost as if you were a drill instructor?

Oh and what's with the whole "all rise" shit? When is that dumbass tradition going to end? Is this 17th century England or something?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:50 AM   #15
goof2
AMA Supersport

She didn't get her bail doubled for saying Adios, at least not that alone. She was contemptuous of the court the entire time, probably not a smart fucking plan when the person it is directed toward has the power available at their sole discretion to charge you with "Contempt of Court".

Little Miss Shit-for-brains just learned an important lesson about acting like a clown in a courtroom. I suspect after a few days and discussion between her lawyer and the judge about instructing a client how a courtroom works, this idiot will be invited back to apologize. At that time I also suspect the judge will re-ask his questions which will likely be answered quickly and directly, without any of that "Rick Roll" shit. Afterward the rest of her 30 days will be vacated and bail will be set at a more reasonable amount. Even if the judge doesn't take that track you can bet the next time she is in front of a court this moron will think before wasting the court's time.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:34 AM   #16
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Exactly, it's a double-standard. He gets to put her down by saying she acts like she's in a club, and then his flippant little "bye bye", but when he gets a little of it back he can't take it.

Judges get too much power & respect IMO. What, just because you wear a robe, we're supposed to treat you almost as if you were a drill instructor?

Oh and what's with the whole "all rise" shit? When is that dumbass tradition going to end? Is this 17th century England or something?
right, we should throw a 'duece' and 'what up homey' nod to the man in a dress who can fuk up the rest of your life.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:13 AM   #17
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post

She was being a wise-ass the entire time. She was being asked legitimate questions and was giving bullshit answers.

That person is on the bench not because they were voted there by subterfuge and lies, but by there own merit. That person didn't get up one day and say "I think I'll run for judge." It takes a lot of work and dedication to get to that point. The BAR isn't something to scoff at.

How is showing respect to an individual and an institution that should demand your full respect a "dumbass tradition"? The court room isn't high school or Sturgis. The individual with the gavel (or the twelve people on the side of the room, depending on what you've done) has the authority to send you to jail, make you pay a fine, make you stand at an intersection with a "Only an idiot would pass a school bus" sign, or send you to death row. That judge also has the power to issue warrants to search anything you own. Being flippant to someone that has that kind of power is simply not wise.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

Last edited by MikeSP1; 02-07-2013 at 07:19 AM..
Old 02-07-2013, 07:33 AM   #18
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSP1 View Post

That person is on the bench not because they were voted there by subterfuge and lies, but by there own merit.

Actually...that person was voted there by a majority of people who never knew who the hell they were voting for, but cast a vote for the "name" that most likely sounded the same as their own ethnicity.

How many times in the last several elections did you KNOW who you were voting for in the judges section?

I can see someone named Joseph Horowitz getting CRUSHED by Alfonzo Suarez Rodrigez in south florida, simply by name only.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #19
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Actually...that person was voted there by a majority of people who never knew who the hell they were voting for, but cast a vote for the "name" that most likely sounded the same as their own ethnicity.

How many times in the last several elections did you KNOW who you were voting for in the judges section?

I can see someone named Joseph Horowitz getting CRUSHED by Alfonzo Suarez Rodrigez in south florida, simply by name only.
You can't be a judge just by running for it. There are a few prerequisites, like the BAR and experience with practicing law.

I agree with you in that far too many people are oblivious. How many people vote for candidate A just because that candidate is the democratic nominee without knowing anything about?
Old 02-07-2013, 08:04 AM   #20
CasterTroy

Quote:
You can't be a judge just by running for it. There are a few prerequisites, like the BAR and experience with practicing law.
Sorry, apparently I wasn't clear. I wasn't DISCOUNTING how a person GETS to that level. I.E. I wasn't saying ANYONE can be elected...just saying if there were two qualified people running and ONE had a more ethnic name, they'd likely have a better shot at winning in that majority by name alone

Quote:

How many people vote for candidate A just because that candidate is the democratic nominee without knowing anything about?
People...are stupid

[youtube]kkCwFkOZoOY[/youtube]