Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell > Cage Tech

Old 02-25-2010, 09:00 AM   #61
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I definitely like his taste in cars and wish I had his $$$.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:28 PM   #62
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
It has a roots type blower and an air to liquid intercooler. Mounting the intercooler up front would accomplish nothing and create some downsides.
But... then you'd be ABLE TO SEE THE ENGINE. Don't you understand? If you can SEE IT, then you can paint it mauve with tasteful chartreuse highlights!
Old 04-20-2010, 02:36 PM   #63
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

What can I say, being able to see mechanical parts adds to the appeal. The fun of owning a car isn't simply about how fast it is.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:53 PM   #64
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Actually, i really enjoy looking at the mechanicals of a vehicle as well, but modern engines just don't lend themselves to it.

That's why i just don't get "car guys" who hate on the Veyron. Yes, it's far more complex (and expensive) than a consumer automobile has any right to be, but it manages to do some remarkable things, and as an engineering exercise it's absolutely fascinating.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:24 PM   #65
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Well "car guys" actually like to drive, and all accounts are that the Veyron is rather one-dimensional........In other words it's fast, but its heavy weight prevents it from being tossed around as much as a McLaren or something like that. Plus the front end styling leaves a lot to be desired IMO.

Also, it isn't hard to build an intake manifold that's nice to look at. Or tubular exhaust headers for that matter. Most Ferrari and Alfa Romeo engines look great.

The only reason most manufacturers don't bother making their engines look nice anymore is because they cover it with those stupid plastic shrouds.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:08 PM   #66
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Well "car guys" actually like to drive, and all accounts are that the Veyron is rather one-dimensional........In other words it's fast, but its heavy weight prevents it from being tossed around as much as a McLaren or something like that. Plus the front end styling leaves a lot to be desired IMO.

Also, it isn't hard to build an intake manifold that's nice to look at. Or tubular exhaust headers for that matter. Most Ferrari and Alfa Romeo engines look great.

The only reason most manufacturers don't bother making their engines look nice anymore is because they cover it with those stupid plastic shrouds.
this. All the ls engines look like lumpy dogshit. Again window on a vette is dumb
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:56 AM   #67
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
this. All the ls engines look like lumpy dogshit. Again window on a vette is dumb
Yeah I like my lumpy dogshit a bit manicured. I don't care for the window on the ZR1 either.

z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:04 AM   #68
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

nice
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:31 AM   #69
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

Quote:
Well "car guys" actually like to drive, and all accounts are that the Veyron is rather one-dimensional........In other words it's fast, but its heavy weight prevents it from being tossed around as much as a McLaren or something like that. .
You realize it's a GT car and not a track car like the F1, right?
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:59 PM   #70
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Quote:
Well "car guys" actually like to drive, and all accounts are that the Veyron is rather one-dimensional........In other words it's fast, but its heavy weight prevents it from being tossed around as much as a McLaren or something like that.
There's more to driving than going fast on a track. It's not a track car That doesn't change the fact that it's world-record fast, crams an astonishing amount of hardware under an aerodynamic body, and almost every detail is crafted like a fine watch. I'd love to take one apart