Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 10-01-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
Really not interested in the BT016, though. Those things were the most garbage tires I've ever ridden on.
Old ones or dual compounds?

Not calling you out but I find this really hard to believe.

If you didn't like them that's fine. But they're not a garbage tire (new ones at least). Every single person I know who's had them has absolutely loved them.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Moto: Concours 14 ABS, ZX6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post

If you didn't like them that's fine. But they're not a garbage tire (new ones at least). Every single person I know who's had them has absolutely loved them.
Haven't tried the dual compunds, just the old ones about five or six years ago. Hated them. No feedback, terrible traction, and really weak treadwear. I haven't ridden on Bridgestones, since. It sounds like they've improved dramatically in the last couple of years, it might be time to give them another shot. Still, I'm really not sure if I can ever trust anything Bridgestone after having so many bad experiences with them.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:39 AM   #3
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
Haven't tried the dual compunds, just the old ones about five or six years ago. Hated them. No feedback, terrible traction, and really weak treadwear. I haven't ridden on Bridgestones, since. It sounds like they've improved dramatically in the last couple of years, it might be time to give them another shot. Still, I'm really not sure if I can ever trust anything Bridgestone after having so many bad experiences with them.
Fair enough.

I really liked the dual compounds and got many miles out of them (another bonus for the street). If you find a deal on them they might be worth a shot.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:20 PM   #4
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post

I had BT016 on my GSXR and they were complete crap. Slipped all the time and took forever to warm up.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote