Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > 2008 Blog Contest > Blog Contest Discussion

Old 07-02-2008, 03:56 PM   #21
Shift
Just a Noob

Moto: 08 Green 6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezilla (Impala Balko) View Post
UNTRUE.... ever hear of a Buick Grand National... they are capable of 11 second quarter mile times with bolt ons. Believe it or not there are quite a bit of performance parts available for the mustang and camaro V6's and there are many built to run in the 11's. Anything can be built to be fast all it takes is money.
Well duh. But theres more efficient ways of getting there. The OHV motors the v6 ford cars use is crap, the block is good for a decent amount of hp but gl getting there without a serious investment. The old 2v v8 in the previous generation mustang is shit to as the motor CANNOT breath. The current gen 3v SOHC is not bad at all in the current GT and responds very nicely to bolt ons, unlike the sixer. However fords best motor is still the 4v DOHC found in the 03-04 cobra and Mach 1. Bottom line is if your on a budget a stock 4.0 liter ohv 15 second car is not the motor/car to start with.

EDIT: And btw there are no v6 mustangs or camaros in the 11's with some type of F/I PLUS some serious suspension mods, usually requiring 10k+ investment + the price of the car.

Last edited by Shift; 07-02-2008 at 03:59 PM..
Old 07-02-2008, 04:14 PM   #22
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

11's is still slow as fuck.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:18 PM   #23
Shift
Just a Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
11's is still slow as fuck.
Not for a street legal car it's not. Especially if you can pull it off with a DD without massive weight reduction.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:35 PM   #24
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
UNTRUE.... ever hear of a Buick Grand National... they are capable of 11 second quarter mile times with bolt ons. Believe it or not there are quite a bit of performance parts available for the mustang and camaro V6's and there are many built to run in the 11's. Anything can be built to be fast all it takes is money.
The grand national is an exception because those motors were built to be turboed... i.e. the GNX Grand National.

And yes, you can do ANYTHING with enough money... the point is does it make sense? Modding the shit out of a v6 mustang doesn't... that's the point.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:47 PM   #25
Dnyce
flyin high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
Not for a street legal car it's not. Especially if you can pull it off with a DD without massive weight reduction.
strictly racing speaking-11's is slow as fuck. car, bike, whatever. cant argue with that.

if you wana race your street car, bracket race. save your moddin money, who cares how fast you go.

u wana go fast 4 cheap, buy a bike. you wana go really fuckin fast, build a race car or bike. cheaper than u think, especially the bike

Last edited by Dnyce; 07-02-2008 at 04:49 PM..
Old 07-02-2008, 04:53 PM   #26
t-homo
WSB Champion

Check out tmaturbo.com if you are thinking about turboing it.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:56 PM   #27
Shift
Just a Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
Check out tmaturbo.com if you are thinking about turboing it.
He doesn't have that kind of money. A turbo is going to cost him 6k easy by the time he's done. If he's complaining about not being able to afford gas if he had a GT he doesn't even need to be thinking about F/I for his car.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:03 PM   #28
Dnyce
flyin high

that does kinda throw me-cant afford gas for a gt, so wants to mod the hell out of a 6.....

id say save your money. its not the last car you are gonna own. just treat it good so when u sell it you get most of your money back.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:22 PM   #29
Shift
Just a Noob

Old 07-02-2008, 10:10 PM   #30
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
I think you're getting a little too worked up here... I'm just busting balls a bit... as well as trying to help you.

You don't have to take my advice... but my opinion is this:

1. Get back on the bike, and ride it. You WILL love it. I guarantee. So you had a scare moment... it happens (to all of us). Learn from it.

2. Your V6 mustang mod plan is a true waste of money... if you REALLY want to go with the car-modding route, take the money you're planning on pouring into the six and save it as you go, then buy a GT. Modding an american six is an extremely fiscally inefficient decision...

3. Don't get worked up when people question your decisions, especially since you're so young... they're mostly trying to help you.
Yeah I have a very short fuse when it comes to people trying to start crap with me. I went all thru elem and middle school getting stuff said to/about me and Ive got to the point where I dont take it from anyone anymore cus I dont know if they are kidding. If i sounded harsh, well, I meant it but just cus i thought u were serious. man I know u guys are trying to help but Im going thru bike withdrawals right now. I think I finally figured out it was the face shield that caused me to freak out cus I couldnt really see the lines on the road. Also, it would help if I could actually ride it without getting a sermon from my mom on how I shouldt be on the roads. If it wasnt for that Id be out looking for an older 600 or 650. Right now it doesnt seem worth the time or money to get one. She promised that at 21 she wouldnt say anything if I got one and by then the car will be paid off too, so Im using logic.

Quote:
Im not looking to run 11's or even 13's, just to get a little more hp to the wheels. In the other thread I was just making the point that I could get some pretty good #'s with a supercharger or turbo, but eventually I will end up supercharging it if I don't get a GT first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
Not trying to bust your balls here but you said you can't afford a GT but in the other thread you say your going to supercharge your sixer. Trust me I have a 99 GT with a procharger on it and in the end it would be A LOT cheaper to sell the 6 and buy a GT rather then but a s/c or turbo + supporting mods for the 6. And sure you can do minor mods like full exhaust, upd's, gears, hand held tuner, cai, intake and plenum, but even in the end just that is gonna cost you a couple grand for maybe 30 rwhp. So you spend all that money and your still only going to be what a low 14 second car? (w/o a s/c that it.) From the sounds of it I'd just save your money for school.
Answered part of your question in the post(s) above. And mine is a 2007 V6, not an older model which you all may be thinking of. Even tho there is no real difference, Im just wanting a car that has a respectable amount of torque and looks good too. And yes it is possible to get a sixxer into the 11's, one of the guys on the mustang forum is running high 11's. Its just the will to have that much hp and the will to spend that much money which I have neither.