Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #1
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000
Default FS: 2007 BMW X5 4.8i

Spamming off-topic because Trip is too lazy to man his self-imposed gate and approve Classified posts.

If you or someone you know is looking for a new (to them) family hauler that will NEVER be mistaken for a minivan:

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/3965786086.html

Also, if any of you see errors or things in the ad that could be made more clear, please let me know. If anybody has an eye for scrutinizing vehicle ads, it would be this crowd. And I've read it far too many times to pick things out now.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Hey, I am not the only one who can do that shit. You can blame any of the mods and admins. Plus I think the old rules said it had to be bike related. HA HA
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
CasterTroy

Did you move? Who's phat spread is that?
Old 07-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #4
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Hey, I am not the only one who can do that shit. You can blame any of the mods and admins. Plus I think the old rules said it had to be bike related. HA HA
But it's so much more rewarding to pick on member #1.

And this is pre-wired for towing, I just never installed a hitch, so it could be a track day hauler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Did you move? Who's phat spread is that?
Thanks man! (Even though the house you can really only see is the neighbor's, not mine). BUt yeah, we moved here in March last year. Signed the loan docs on my wife's birthday, the same day the little one turned 6 months old. In short: moved to a new house, wife staying home to take care of our daughter, and had 2 concurrent mortgages until our old house sold (which I did by owner and had to manage all the showings, contracts, and negotiations). Good times! I strongly recommend it for anyone looking to put on instant stress weight and grossly accelerate the appearance of gray hair.

Love the new house and neighborhood though - it took us 18 months to find the "right" place, and although not our dream home, it checked enough of the boxes to make the decision pretty easy.

I hosted MotoGP viewing for the Laguna race and probably will again in the future - let me know if you'd be down for making the drive, it'd be cool to see you again.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:58 PM   #5
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
let me know if you'd be down for making the drive, it'd be cool to see you again.
Sweet! The Class III dealer I got my suppressor thru is 2 exits down from the airport. I have to make another visit or two to him....good excuse to swing by and have a beer or 12
Old 07-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #6
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Sweet! The Class III dealer I got my suppressor thru is 2 exits down from the airport. I have to make another visit or two to him....good excuse to swing by and have a beer or 12
Just let me know when! Plenty of dear roaming around to check your suppressor before you take it all the way home.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:44 PM   #7
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

That, without a doubt, is the best CL ad I've ever seen.

Looks great, good luck with the sale.

Jeff
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:34 PM   #8
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Can your iDrive screen be shut completely off, as in no backlight at all? I have an 06 and it can't, which is disappointing.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:45 PM   #9
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple View Post
That, without a doubt, is the best CL ad I've ever seen.

Looks great, good luck with the sale.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff, on both counts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Can your iDrive screen be shut completely off, as in no backlight at all? I have an 06 and it can't, which is disappointing.
Yes, it can be switched completely off (Display Off option somewhere in the settings menu) and it stays off until you press menu or the selector wheel.

I'll find the exact menu later and will post up so you can check yours, but I'd imagine you've been through them all several times over by now.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:51 AM   #10
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

I do have a display off setting, but there's still a backlight. I know they changed it later, I just didn't know when.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote