Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 12-14-2011, 12:34 PM   #11
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
The more money in the pocket of the worker\consumer the more the seller can charge per unit.

Congratulations!!
You and all your friends now make an extra $2 an hour.
I can now raise the price on that thing you buy because the market can bear the price increase!

Status quo still in place. Only now a $10 bill just got a little ghetto.
The problem the last few years is how all these companies are cutting back due to the recession so no raises for many, but the cost of goods has still risen.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:04 PM   #12
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
people really dont understand how this works do they? roll on hyperinflation
Quote:
The more money in the pocket of the worker\consumer the more the seller can charge per unit.

Congratulations!!
You and all your friends now make an extra $2 an hour.
I can now raise the price on that thing you buy because the market can bear the price increase!

Status quo still in place. Only now a $10 bill just got a little ghetto.
Yep - sheeple think that dumping more money into the economy is going to solve things. Fuel on the fire.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:49 PM   #13
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Yep - sheeple think that dumping more money into the economy is going to solve things. Fuel on the fire.
There are ways to dump money into the economy and have it do something.
Infrastructure projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:53 PM   #14
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
There are ways to dump money into the economy and have it do something.
Infrastructure projects.
God knows we need them too. Actualy my side job is on 2 sites improving the NYC infrastructure in that were building awater treatment and UV sterilization plant for NYC drinking water.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:50 PM   #15
goof2
AMA Supersport

Inflation? Can't be! The government says so.

Of course, it could be that the government is terrified that raising interest rates to control inflation (that doesn't exist, don't forget) will light the fuse on another foreclosure bomb. That would also be happening at the same time that the National Association of Realtors realized, whoops!, they've been overestimating housing sales figures by like 20% for the last 5 years. Too bad refusing to raise rates to counter (purely hypothetical) inflation is only likely to make things significantly harder to harness down the line.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:17 AM   #16
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

I haven't seen any "hyper" inflation. Some things, sure, like groceries and utilities, but not everything. Certainly not electronics. And nobody I know who has recently purchased a bike paid any more than people were paying 5-6 years ago. And how about one of the biggest expenses of all, interest on home and car loans? They've been at record lows for years.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:19 AM   #17
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Daniel Scherotter, chef and owner of Palio D'Asti, an upscale Italian restaurant in the Financial District, said the city's minimum wage hike from $9.92 to $10.24 means that his highest-paid employees — the waiters who make most of their income from tips — will see more money in their pockets while his salaried kitchen staff will have to take the hit.
Does this clown "reporter" not realize that waitstaff are covered by a separate law that allows them to be paid way under minimum wage, because of what they make in tips?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:42 AM   #18
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post

Karl Kramer of the San Francisco Living Wage Coalition said a decent wage for a single adult without children in the city would be $15, and that doubles when you have at least one child or more. But like other advocates of better wages, he's still pleased that San Francisco will be the first in the nation to top $10.
$15 an hour equals just over 31k annually. How is that a decent wage for one of the most expensive place to live in the US?
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:21 AM   #19
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Does this clown "reporter" not realize that waitstaff are covered by a separate law that allows them to be paid way under minimum wage, because of what they make in tips?
Nope.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:17 PM   #20
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Um, I believe that the hourly wage of waitstaff is tied to a percentage of the minimum wage.... Also, the gov't of SF may have a different law in place. The restaurant owner used terms such as 3 or 4 times as much, so perhaps they don't operate the same way.

Aha, so the waiters do make the same hourly minimum wage.... Apparently, they can make around $60,000/year..... waiting tables.....wow..... fuck college!

Yuppie, " I went to college, spent $250,000 and now I make $75,000 /year"

Waitress, " I got my GED, started working 4-6 years sooner and make $60,000 working part time"

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 12-15-2011 at 09:35 PM..
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote