Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 10-11-2008, 10:46 PM   #1
Antwanny
WERA White Plate

Default Full leathers

Never had em im looking for some for a christmas gift. Im kinda gorilla like long arms long torso, any suggestions on brands.
________
Sxv450
________
LovelyWendie

Last edited by Antwanny; 04-07-2011 at 07:26 PM..
Antwanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:25 PM   #2
jeeps84
No longer MIA

Moto: 1987 GSXR 50, 1996 Ducati M900, 07 GSXR 750, 07 Harley Davidson Night Train

Vanson Leathers If they don't have something presized they can tailor make it to your measurements. I like the AlpinStar for price and quality but lots to chose from.

Find a shop that sells them and try it on. Don't let them order anything for you unless they will exchange it at no charge if you order something with out trying it on.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:06 PM   #3
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

I'm with Jeeps. Find a place that stocks a bunch of stuff....I know thats tough sometimes to find such a place. Fit is very important.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:54 PM   #4
Carolina
Says it's time to ride

Moto: 2003 honda CBR 954/ 2011 Road King classic

http://www.motorcycletoystore.com/sp...uits/c_15.html
Old 10-12-2008, 03:32 PM   #5
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

If an off-the-rack Alpinestar suit won't fit you, Bates Leathers in CA will custom fit a suit for you: http://www.batesleathers.com/.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:50 PM   #6
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

If you are going custom I recomment NJK Leathers (www.njkleathers.com) or Barnacle Bill (www.racingleather.com).

I tried AStars and found that they are cut for anorexic women.

I currently wear MotoGP separates that allowed me to fit pants and jacket separately. The jacket came with a full zipper, but the pants didn't. I had Barnacle Bill to install one for $25.

Vanson is very good stuff but spendy.

I don't know HOW gorilla you are, but I have a new MotoGP Corkscrew jacket that I will sell CHEAP.
FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:18 PM   #7
Antwanny
WERA White Plate

im 6'2 185 like a 36' sleeve and i need to take all the other measurements. But i really need to try the stuff on like fatty said i dont want my my nuts tucked up inside me, nor do i want a 6 inch gap between my chest and the leather. bates is like a 6 hour drive away from me i dunno ill go by the local dealership see if they have any to try on.
________
HONDA VF750C
________
Video Review

Last edited by Antwanny; 04-07-2011 at 07:26 PM..
Antwanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:55 PM   #8
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

Frank Thomas is an ENglish brand, they're generally cut to fit taller/thinner riders. (As are most brands manufactured mostly in europe)

Check out the WERA Forums for used stuff cheap! forums.13x.com I got a brand new set of Teknic Violator leathers for $225 shipped. Sometimes you can even find a set of cusotm leathers on there, plus if they have scuffs it adds cred!

Entia non sunt multiplicanda necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:41 PM   #9
Gunther1000
Jesus Christ!

Moto: (The Chi's lover)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwanny View Post
im 6'2 185 like a 36' sleeve and i need to take all the other measurements. But i really need to try the stuff on like fatty said i dont want my my nuts tucked up inside me, nor do i want a 6 inch gap between my chest and the leather. bates is like a 6 hour drive away from me i dunno ill go by the local dealership see if they have any to try on.
You sound to be about the same size as me. I have a 48 A* that needs to be taken in for the lack of a better word. But with a back protector it fits fine. I would see if you can try on a 46 for the hell of it. It should fit pretty tight while getting it on and standing, but relax when hunched over in position.

If I could have found a 2 parter I would rather have gotten it, but you take the deal in front of you when your bargin shopping I guess.

All the places already mentioned and Craigslist is a good place to find deals...
Check more than just your local area. I found mine on a FL c-list and had it shipped.

$.02 Good luck
Old 10-15-2008, 06:39 PM   #10
DIMford
Nothing beats the RWB

Moto: 07 Honda Interceptor

I am 6'1" at 200lbs runner/swimmers build. I got an A* RC-1 46 chest and it fits pretty well. I like all the A* stuff though.
The Road is a beautiful but dangerous mistress. She'll taunt and tease you with wonderful curves and glorious heights till you lose all control. Then leave you broken and bleeding to tease the next man.
DIMford is offline   Reply With Quote