Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 05-14-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post

100 hp is 100 hp no matter where you acheive it but if you have more torque even though the hp is the same...it's an unfair advantage...again...just go run with like size bikes.

Some of you must have been on your debate team in school and just enjoy it. Argue with someone and then when they might possibly agree with something you say....change positions and argue some more.

No, but maybe I should have.

So, lets say to make the math easier we have 2 engines one makes 100hp/100tq at 6,000 rpm. The other is 100hp/50tq at 12,000 rpm. Lets also say the tq peak is at 66% the hp peak rpm so 4,000 rpm for the big engine, and 8,000 for the little engine, their power output will be the same. The big engine doesn't have any advantage.

It all boils down to this:
For a given displacement, and the same state of tune, more cylinders will give you more peak hp at the cost of tq, at a higher rpm.
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:58 PM   #2
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsv1000R View Post
No, but maybe I should have.

So, lets say to make the math easier we have 2 engines one makes 100hp/100tq at 6,000 rpm. The other is 100hp/50tq at 12,000 rpm. Lets also say the tq peak is at 66% the hp peak rpm so 4,000 rpm for the big engine, and 8,000 for the little engine, their power output will be the same. The big engine doesn't have any advantage.

It all boils down to this:
For a given displacement, and the same state of tune, more cylinders will give you more peak hp at the cost of tq, at a higher rpm.

So you're saying it would just be easier if Buell would build an inline 600 and race agains like bikes or if they choose to run the 1125 they should run in superbikes so we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Ok I was kidding...I understand what you're saying and understand the math BUT again...I think it's BS to have to constantly change the rules week to week because Buell wants to and is allowed to run an 1125 in a mostly 600 class. Like I also said...next year should be better because hopefully after this crazy season (rules wise) is over...and with the off season MAYBE they will have a set of rules for next year that isn't changed everytime they have a race.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote