Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 11-16-2008, 09:45 AM   #21
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Missed to fights because of work, but I followed the updates on my phone. Without seeing any of them, the only thing I can really comment on is that it's good to hear that Lesnar can take a punch. There was an awful lot of talk that he probably had no chin and any punch to the face would throw him completely off his game. Seems that's not the case.

Hopefully Mir beats Nogs for the Lesnar/Mir rematch, but I think Noguiera is the superior fighter.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:59 AM   #22
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I liked seeing K Flo win... Pretty impressive performance, but I'm still not convinced he's ready for Penn...
I agree 100%. Florian is a very skilled fighter and has an assload of talent, but he's just not on the same level as BJ Penn. Now that Penn trains his ass off instead of training just hard enough to where he thinks he'll win, he's become a fucking animal. His submissions are top notch, his ground game is incredible, and as he proved against Sherk, he's got strong stand up. K Flo just doesn't have the complete skills necessary to beat Penn. I don't even think he beats Sherk, who's built like a mini tank.

With Penn fighting GSP in January, it may not be until April at the earliest before K Flo gets his shot at Penn, so I hope to god he kicks his training into overdrive.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:23 AM   #23
Johnny Rico
Street Stunter

Moto: 2002 YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Missed to fights because of work, but I followed the updates on my phone. Without seeing any of them, the only thing I can really comment on is that it's good to hear that Lesnar can take a punch. There was an awful lot of talk that he probably had no chin and any punch to the face would throw him completely off his game. Seems that's not the case.

Hopefully Mir beats Nogs for the Lesnar/Mir rematch, but I think Noguiera is the superior fighter.
The fights are uploaded on www.mmahacks.com
Old 11-16-2008, 12:17 PM   #24
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post

Yeah, he got cut under his eye and kept wiping it... I looked at my buddy and we both were like, "uh-oh, he's getting freaked out"... he pulled it together and dropped the thunder on Couture's cranium...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:22 PM   #25
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Watchin' Lesnar/Couture again...
Old 11-16-2008, 01:27 PM   #26
Johnny Rico
Street Stunter

Quote:
Yeah, he got cut under his eye and kept wiping it... I looked at my buddy and we both were like, "uh-oh, he's getting freaked out"... he pulled it together and dropped the thunder on Couture's cranium...
I noticed that. It was not a serious cut as far as screwing with his vision or anything, but it was bothering him. In between the 1st and 2nd round he had looked a little overwhelmed to me and when he started dabbing at that cut, I thought he would start to lose some resolve. Gotta admire how he pulled himself together and pulled it out.

I think that Lesnar is going to be a much better fighter his next time out. He has been through a rough fight, had a serious gut check and will have the confidence that he can get through anything. Couture may have created a monster by running him through the fire.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:57 PM   #27
SteveP
Canyon Carver

Moto: The v-twin trifecta

Great night for fighting!

I agree that it was one of the better UFC's with no decisions. Shame to see Couture go out like that, but that guy was a freakin ogre.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:39 PM   #28
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

I wanted to see the two pregnant girlfriends of the fighters have a match.
And I wanted to see 50 cent get the shit beat out of him by every fighter present in the arena.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:59 PM   #29
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Rico View Post
I noticed that. It was not a serious cut as far as screwing with his vision or anything, but it was bothering him. In between the 1st and 2nd round he had looked a little overwhelmed to me and when he started dabbing at that cut, I thought he would start to lose some resolve. Gotta admire how he pulled himself together and pulled it out.

I think that Lesnar is going to be a much better fighter his next time out. He has been through a rough fight, had a serious gut check and will have the confidence that he can get through anything. Couture may have created a monster by running him through the fire.
I wouldn't exactly say he ran him through the fire... He challenged him more than any other fighter has, but we've yet to see Lesnar hurt... a small cut threw him... I wonder what would happen if someone was able to scramble his brain for a few seconds with a real big hit...

One thing is for sure... the balls to the walls Lesnar that got caught by Mir is no more... That, makes for some very interesting fighting...

The biggest issue I see now is the lack of diversity in the heavyweight division... I mean there's only a few really good guys, and handful of pretty good guys, and a population of so-so's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZdETS View Post
I wanted to see the two pregnant girlfriends of the fighters have a match.
And I wanted to see 50 cent get the shit beat out of him by every fighter present in the arena.
I REALLY wanted to see 50 get his ass kicked... I always do.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:05 PM   #30
Johnny Rico
Street Stunter

Quote:
I wonder what would happen if someone was able to scramble his brain for a few seconds with a real big hit...
We saw what happened to Kimbo Slice when he walked into one. The guy folded up like a Mexican lawn chair.