Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

whole show is bullshit. should be to the death
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:36 PM   #12
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Noguera didnt do shit... he just sat back and let Mir control the pace. I know he said in the pre-fight segment that he was gonna let Mir tire himself out, but when that many quality punches were being landed to his face, Noguera should have stepped it up more than he did....

Griffin showed good sportsmanship going over and congradulating Evans after being taunted and put out....

How about the Cheik Congo nut shot retaliation nut shot???
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:41 PM   #13
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
Forrest did look off last night. He was holding his own, but wasnt the same fighter that took out ramage.

Evans is a piece of trash. He was an arrogant jackass after landing one good punch on liddell and again last night with the nut kiss. He can go fuck himself. I just cant wait til the day I see him get crushed and lose the title.

Thats what Im thinking with forrest too is that he"ll just train that much harder after this. Look at how gsp lost to serra then came back and absolutely dominated him.

Mir looked virtually flawless last night and he"ll need to be at that level to take out lesnar just because of the sheer size of brock.

And I really hope lesnar gets beat. I like watching him fight, but it pisses me off when fighters only do one thing. All lesnar has is a stand up game and he has proved that. But with being a former ncaa wrestling champ, he really should have a decent ground game, but it doesnt seem like he even tries to improve it.

I disagree about Lesnar... You go into a fight with a game plan to utilize your skill to exploit your opponent's weakness... I've seen plenty of take-downs from Lesnar and I expect I'll see more. In fact, up until he dropped Couture, I still had questions about his stand-up game. He'll never be a submission artist, but ground & pound is what I expect out of him.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 03:00 PM   #14
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Lesnar's first MMA takedown:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWQ1AyGUFsQ

Takes down Herring a few times:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ai8wMXF0Hk

You'll note he took down Mir too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoewUuRpipE
Old 12-28-2008, 03:51 PM   #15
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT BSTRD View Post
Win or lose they ALL go to the hospital.

Although Rampage is a version 1.0 fighter (like Liddell), he has hands like cinder blocks. Forrest was able to pick him apart and nullify his hands. I think that had the fight gone on longer, Silva would have been able to pick him apart as well. Rampage did what he always does.

Forrest's loss sucked. He didn't look nearly as yoked as he did for the Rampage fight. He should have done more strength work for this fight.

I agree, Evans is a no class act.

Forrest will be back. He will be better. He was laughing it off, but you could tell that he was about to cry. Sometimes losing the title will make a figher incredibly hungry. I believe this will be the case for Forrest.

I think the best fight was the Noguera/Mir fight. Noguera is showing his age but still has plenty of leathal tools left in the bag. I don't think he looked as conditioned as he has in the past. Mir looked stellar. It was his fight. He could have ended it two times before he actually did.

I believe that Lesnar will just smother him, but I can't wait to see that fight. I hope Mir beats him again. I want Lesnar to be forced to change and grow his game as well. I hope he gets submitted again.
He didn't go for his routine after fight check up. He went because he fainted and couldn't get back up when he was in the locker room.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:26 PM   #16
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
How about the Cheik Congo nut shot retaliation nut shot???
That was a ridiculous shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I disagree about Lesnar... You go into a fight with a game plan to utilize your skill to exploit your opponent's weakness... I've seen plenty of take-downs from Lesnar and I expect I'll see more. In fact, up until he dropped Couture, I still had questions about his stand-up game. He'll never be a submission artist, but ground & pound is what I expect out of him.
But once he gets them to the ground he doesnt do anything. I expected him to be a monster when it comes to ground and pound but he just looks completely out of his element instead.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:40 PM   #17
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
That was a ridiculous shot.

But once he gets them to the ground he doesnt do anything. I expected him to be a monster when it comes to ground and pound but he just looks completely out of his element instead.
I'm pretty sure you haven't ever watched Lesnar fight.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:30 PM   #18
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

He DID take down Mir, but he lacks the technical skills that other more rounded fighters possess.

He has far fewer dimensions than Mir. He is much like Rampage in that Jackson doesn't have a very deep pool of BJJ to draw from.

You can see Lesnar's wrestling background in how he fights. It's like watching NCAA wrestling with punches added. That isn't much of a ground game. In the Mir fight, Mir needed to weather the punches long enough to work in a submission. Lesnar has very few tools to prevent a more rounded fighter from submitting him.

You can look at Liddell to see Lesnar's future unless he is able to grow his toolbox. Liddell didn't just get old. His toolbox ran out of tools for which there wasn't a counter. Lesnar is great as long as he gets to hit you first or bulldog the other fighter, but the first time he fights a 265lb fighter with a deep BJJ background and the ability to keep him from bull dogging he's done. In order to be a long standing fighter in MMA, you can't rely solely on "the big punch".

He's big, but beyond that not very technical. If you remember, Mike Tyson was strong, fast, aggressive, and bull dogged folks. If the boxer could weather the initial storm, they would systematically pick Tyson apart.

I don't like Lesnar because he was given a title fight after what 2-3 MMA fights? Yeah it sold PPV subscriptions, but it was shitty to the rest of the crew who had put in the time. Were he 240lbs and not previously a "rassler", he'd not have been given that treatment.

Lesnar is a bull, but not very intertaining to watch. I'd say that you will see a stronger Mir who has studied Lesnar footage and will be ready to evade the initial bulldog routine to control the fight tempo and frustrate Lesnar.

Maybe if Lesnar gets submitted again, he won't be a puss and claim he didn't tap out like he did in the first fight.

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:52 PM   #19
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I'm pretty sure you haven't ever watched Lesnar fight.
Are you sure youve ever seen him fight? Read below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT BSTRD View Post
He DID take down Mir, but he lacks the technical skills that other more rounded fighters possess.

He has far fewer dimensions than Mir. He is much like Rampage in that Jackson doesn't have a very deep pool of BJJ to draw from.

You can see Lesnar's wrestling background in how he fights. It's like watching NCAA wrestling with punches added. That isn't much of a ground game. In the Mir fight, Mir needed to weather the punches long enough to work in a submission. Lesnar has very few tools to prevent a more rounded fighter from submitting him.

You can look at Liddell to see Lesnar's future unless he is able to grow his toolbox. Liddell didn't just get old. His toolbox ran out of tools for which there wasn't a counter. Lesnar is great as long as he gets to hit you first or bulldog the other fighter, but the first time he fights a 265lb fighter with a deep BJJ background and the ability to keep him from bull dogging he's done. In order to be a long standing fighter in MMA, you can't rely solely on "the big punch".

He's big, but beyond that not very technical. If you remember, Mike Tyson was strong, fast, aggressive, and bull dogged folks. If the boxer could weather the initial storm, they would systematically pick Tyson apart.

I don't like Lesnar because he was given a title fight after what 2-3 MMA fights? Yeah it sold PPV subscriptions, but it was shitty to the rest of the crew who had put in the time. Were he 240lbs and not previously a "rassler", he'd not have been given that treatment.

Lesnar is a bull, but not very intertaining to watch. I'd say that you will see a stronger Mir who has studied Lesnar footage and will be ready to evade the initial bulldog routine to control the fight tempo and frustrate Lesnar.

Maybe if Lesnar gets submitted again, he won't be a puss and claim he didn't tap out like he did in the first fight.
That covers it very well and is actually a realistic description of lesnar's fighting techniques, not some blind fan analysis.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:54 PM   #20
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

I'm not really into MMA but even I know Lesnar's ground work isn't up to par...especially with his background.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote