Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

litterally I imagine
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:00 PM   #12
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

I always found the ones with the helmets that are almost full face but dont' have a front "Chin Gaurd". To me that's the dumbest. Because someone not wearing a helmet is probably going for comfort or just doesn't care. Hell they are a rebel(Not smart but a rebel). Someone wearing a salad bowl on their head is a Harley rider and going for an image which is understandable(Plus the $200 in stickers adds for impact protection). But someone with the "Almost" full face seems odd to me. It doesn't look cool and everytime I see one I think of a quote from "True Lies" which is so true.

Arnold's daughter is about to hop on a bike with her boyfriend and puts on of those helmets on. And a guy comes in and says "Maan, I remember the first time I was shot out of a cannon".

Because hell if you are going that far why no protect your chin and face(The most likely part to contact the ground in a crash)?

Anyways yeah the bug thing bugs me. I can't ride with my visor up in the summer time(May leave it up if below 20-30mph.) I did to have it up when I rode the Cherohala "Fogway" last week at 8am and coudn't see 10ft in front of me due to me driving in a cloud.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:01 PM   #13
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

i have no responsable retort to this statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
litterally I imagine
hah.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:12 PM   #14
lagerdrinker
banned user

I wear half and full face helmets. fullface always on the gsxr and depending where i go on the harley ill bring the appropriate helmet. if im just commuting or going to a friend's house ill wear half. if i know im going interstate riding ill bring full. definitely for comfort. i have taken big bugs to the face and it sucks. I usually carry a handkerchief to tie over my face incase that its needed.

add: i always wear a helmet though, never without one even if its a half.

Last edited by lagerdrinker; 04-09-2008 at 06:45 AM.. Reason: add
lagerdrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:16 AM   #15
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

In my non-helmet days I caught a bug or two... Honestly though, there is no better feeling than rolling down the road with the wind running through your hair... It's just not worth the risk however.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:32 AM   #16
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
In my non-helmet days I caught a bug or two... Honestly though, there is no better feeling than rolling down the road with the wind running through your hair... It's just not worth the risk however.
That's what the convertible is for. Never ridden anything but a dirt bike without a helmet on.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:21 AM   #17
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I owned a cruiser for awhile and wore the half-helmet and yep...got smacked in the face a few times with bugs...comes with the territory though.

That's the bike I got hit by the car on too...went sailing through the air...bounced...rolled...bounced...rolled...etc... etc...messed my leg and foot up pretty bad but my head and face were fine...yep overall very lucky...even with the 4 surgeries and two skin graphs on my foot/leg.

I was wearing regular jeans and black tennis shoes...never again !!!

Last edited by z06boy; 04-09-2008 at 09:26 AM..
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:29 AM   #18
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

i picked up a couple of 1/2 helmets for my harley. didn't get much use outta them last season though, i didn't get teh bike until the 2nd week of sept. by then the season was practically over. i'll hafta wait and see how i fare this season, as far as bugs to the face goes.

both my 1/2 helmets have visors though. the one is the AGV dragon, the helicopter pilot looking one. the other is a scorpion with the drop down shield. i absolutely can't stand all the air rushing in my eyes. i wear glasses, so i technically don't need a shield. but i just tear up and can't see a thing without one.

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25

Last edited by itgirl; 04-09-2008 at 09:31 AM..
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:34 AM   #19
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Way back in the days when I was young and motorcycling was about riding around town a bit then parked and posed at the corners, I didn't wear a helmet while I was on my Kawi EX500 and when I got the Harley, I went with the "in" helmet which was some sort of Nazi-style coak scuttle helmet.

I could not imagine riding like I do now without a full face or a flip-up. Yeah, the amount of bugs, especially the big ones that snap your head back, gravels, rocks and other debris that get kicked up on the highway...the brother ain't goin' back to the other stuff.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:59 AM   #20
t-homo
WSB Champion

My eyes would dry out too much if I didn't use a full face.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote