Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 06-22-2009, 11:22 AM   #31
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Hey Lon, what part of NC are you in? I drove through NC to and from FL. Western NC is probably the nicest place I've ever driven though
Eastern. Yea west NC is where it's at for the great roads and scenery!!! I mean, we have the beaches and etc so it's a toss up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Exactly. And I was in NC all of last week. Odd that I didn't look you up.
How unusual, I would have expected to be the first person you called.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:16 PM   #32
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

So its Tigger, Marko, and me that are true up honest.

For example... today, I had a work physical to go to this morning. Didn't take the bike cause I also had a hearing test. Even just the wind noise could alter its results. Now I will be hiding in the house the rest of the afternoon... Its hot out. But its cool and comfy in the house....

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:46 PM   #33
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

i went out yesterday with psycho and it read 98* at everydamn bank temp sign, it wasnt bad when we were out in the country but hwne we hit towns and stop lights it was murder

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:52 PM   #34
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

when my leathers start melting into the seat, then it's too hot to ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:55 PM   #35
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
So its Tigger, Marko, and me that are true up honest.

For example... today, I had a work physical to go to this morning. Didn't take the bike cause I also had a hearing test. Even just the wind noise could alter its results. Now I will be hiding in the house the rest of the afternoon... Its hot out. But its cool and comfy in the house....
Honest? Honest about what?

Guess what I'd tell you if you wanted to drive your car at one of my trackdays because you were too hot?

When I would commute - I wouldn't ride when it was hot out, that was because I needed to look presentable in the office. And, riding a motorcycle when it's 100 degrees out makes you anything but presentable. It's a little different when EVERYONE is hot and stinky... and dammit, the classroom is more than ripe in the afternoon.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:01 PM   #36
MissHell
Followed the crowd over.

Moto: '07 Yahama R6

It doesn't normally get out of the 80's here. I don't recall it ever being too hot to ride, for me.

If I lived somewhere, were it got into the 100's - I think that is too hot.
MissHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:03 PM   #37
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Temps here have been hitting close too 100, with the heat index and "feels like" temps in the triple digits. Even at 9pm when I get off work, it's not alot better. Temps are still in the low-mid 90's. And I still ride. I have to. It's my only transportation right now.

IMO, commuting to work is worse than pleasure riding, even though it's just a short ride. I have tons of red lights to run through, most of which catch me. Traffic flow through downtown is backed up half the time with my average speed being around 30mph. Humidity with these temps make it almost unbearable but I've learned a trick or two that helps.

When commuting to work or just pleasure riding, I spray my shirt down with cool water before I get on the bike. (I ride in mesh so I don't know how well this would work for you leather/textile wearers) Even at the slow pace through town this helps tremendously. I have a camel pak I take and take plenty of stops when out pleasure riding. Each stop I rewet my shirt. Commuting I don't take the camel pak since it's only a half hour commute at most. Wetting my shirt is a definite help any time I'm riding in this gawd awful heat and humidity.....

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:35 PM   #38
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

I don't mind he heat, but I don't care for my bike to be sitting out in it all day... like at work. I won't ride on really hot days because I don't want it out there all day baking the tires.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:52 PM   #39
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
Temps here have been hitting close too 100, with the heat index and "feels like" temps in the triple digits. Even at 9pm when I get off work, it's not alot better. Temps are still in the low-mid 90's. And I still ride. I have to. It's my only transportation right now.

IMO, commuting to work is worse than pleasure riding, even though it's just a short ride. I have tons of red lights to run through, most of which catch me. Traffic flow through downtown is backed up half the time with my average speed being around 30mph. Humidity with these temps make it almost unbearable but I've learned a trick or two that helps.

When commuting to work or just pleasure riding, I spray my shirt down with cool water before I get on the bike. (I ride in mesh so I don't know how well this would work for you leather/textile wearers) Even at the slow pace through town this helps tremendously. I have a camel pak I take and take plenty of stops when out pleasure riding. Each stop I rewet my shirt. Commuting I don't take the camel pak since it's only a half hour commute at most. Wetting my shirt is a definite help any time I'm riding in this gawd awful heat and humidity.....
Not to mention that wetting your shirt has probably gotten you a free sundae or two at the Dairy Queen!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:07 PM   #40
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

if plastic starts melting, it's too freakin' hot.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote