Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Old 03-09-2008, 04:36 PM   #11
JK
noodles... dont noodles..

Quote:
I used my Nikon N60 and just got the film developed at walmart. Had them put it on a CD too- not worth the money. I could have done better scanning the pics at home. The hardcopies also have a big fat line across them. I would be seriously pissed if I wasn't just screwing around. Need to find a real photo shop.
yeah its been a while since ive seen film pictures online thats all.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:21 PM   #12
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavicca View Post
yeah its been a while since ive seen film pictures online thats all.
I don't have a good digi cam
Old 03-29-2008, 08:53 PM   #13
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Well the retards at the tire shop got it wrong again!
They got the right size and brand this time, but the wrong model. They got Pilot Roads (first gen). I won't be buying motorcycle tires from them again. Where I thought I was getting a great deal on a better tire and doing good by my community, I got the shaft. I paid far too much for a lesser tire and got lousy customer service.

I can't believe these clowns. First they get Dunlop Qualifiers- wrong sizes, wrong type of tire, won't last me. Then they get the right brand and size, but the wrong model- wrong profile, wrong compound, wrong tread pattern. If I didn't need tires so badly, I would have told them to take their tires and shove 'em! I could have ordered online and had the right tires faster for a better price!!! I had to wait two weeks for a tire I could live with!

I hate stupid people! How hard is it to order the right tire when I write it down for you?! And then I take them to the Harley dealer and they put ugly strip stick-on weights on crooked. The rear had a stock weight of 30 ounces and the morons put on 21 ounces 180 degrees out!! I spoke to a supervisor and he said "We checked it twice, it needed the weight. Something funny about cast wheels. If it was a wire spoke we could have trued the spokes." WTF!? I think they put the tire seam on the wrong side and slapped on extra weight so they could charge me more. At least they got the tires mounted the correct wheels and spin direction!

It has been a long, tiring, frustrating, stressful day. I just can't win today! I get the wrong tires, then I can't find my 27mm socket- only my 26mm which doesn't fit the rear axle nut- then I can't find my 14mm allen socket. So I take everything out of my tool box. Not there. Go out to my truck and clean everything out of the bed. Not there. Clean everything out of the cab. Not there. Check all the toolboxes in the house. Not there. Finally end up using a 1-1/8" deep well socket to get the rear loose. Find my allen socket stuck inside my filter wrench socket. Take the front off. Fit the new tires and the wheels with the old tires in the car trunk. Very tight fit. Go deal with the dealership morons. Buy a 27mm socket to fit the axle nut. Come home and mount everything again. PITA to get everything lined up and the spacer on the right side of the rear wheel keeps hanging on the caliper bracket and both fall off. Torque everything. Go for a test ride. Lost the jam nut on the right side alignment adjuster and almost lost the swingarm cap. Now I can't ride again till I find a nut to fit that specific thread- which is metric and I don't have anything at the house and everything is closed now.

AARRGGHHHHHVHH :mad This was supposed to be a GOOD day.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:19 PM   #14
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

How do you like the SM bar? A friend of mine just put one on his 599 and he's very pleased.
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:35 PM   #15
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Damn Phenix... sorry to hear about that...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:51 AM   #16
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

yeah, my buell has the strip sticky weights too... not a fan, but what do ya do?

hope you get it all up and runnin soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:46 AM   #17
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
How do you like the SM bar? A friend of mine just put one on his 599 and he's very pleased.
They're great- really nice work and got them fast. I'm still getting used to them since I haven't had much chance to ride since I put them on. They're tilted down more than I like right now, and it bends my wrists funny, but I can fix that. Just have to rotate them and retorque my handlebar clamp bolts.

I'm off to Lowe's in a bit to see if I can find a nut for that adjuster. I know the alignment won't change because the axle is torqued down, but I don't need to go and lose that cap.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:22 AM   #18
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Anyone here running Pilot Roads? What pressure do you run?
Old 03-30-2008, 11:26 AM   #19
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

good way to get rid of sticky weights is to run dyna beads

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote