Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Model Reviews

Old 01-18-2009, 10:47 PM   #21
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
Right.
Buell is definatly working on the probs.
My gripe is the mags. If it's a buell, they rip it apart. If it's any European or Jap bike, then they are just minor probs, but nothing major.

Yeah, but Buell doesn't do anything to help decrease the problems either.

Why the HELL they keep putting those shitty stock pads on bikes is beyond me. Put on Lyndalls from the factory and be done with it. The stock pads are horrible for feel. I think much of the bitching about the ZTL system is the pads used.

Why doesn't Buell set up the bikes per the rider. Instead they allow these monkeys to do the usual set up that they do for every other bike and wonder why the bike feels "sluggish" or "twitchy". Read a manual once in a while folks.

You only get one time to set a first impression. Buell seems to revel in blowing that opportunity EVERY TIME!

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:50 PM   #22
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT BSTRD View Post
Yeah, but Buell doesn't do anything to help decrease the problems either.

Why the HELL they keep putting those shitty stock pads on bikes is beyond me. Put on Lyndalls from the factory and be done with it. The stock pads are horrible for feel. I think much of the bitching about the ZTL system is the pads used.

Why doesn't Buell set up the bikes per the rider. Instead they allow these monkeys to do the usual set up that they do for every other bike and wonder why the bike feels "sluggish" or "twitchy". Read a manual once in a while folks.

You only get one time to set a first impression. Buell seems to revel in blowing that opportunity EVERY TIME!
I don't think the pads are THAT bad... my experiences are limited however, newer R1's being the only repliracer bikes that I've been able to ride aggressively.
Though I will be getting something different when these wear out. Maybe then I will realize the diff.
As for the set up. Yes, the mags should do it. I know they do it on the Ducs and jap bikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:26 AM   #23
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Quote:
I don't think the pads are THAT bad... my experiences are limited however, newer R1's being the only repliracer bikes that I've been able to ride aggressively.
Though I will be getting something different when these wear out. Maybe then I will realize the diff.
As for the set up. Yes, the mags should do it. I know they do it on the Ducs and jap bikes.
The problem is that because the other makes all have fairly similar geometry and suspensions, the settings are similar from bike to bike. The Buell geometry requires model specific settings. Rarely do the magazine people take the time to actually read the manual and set the suspension per the manual.

Their attitude is that "I know how to set up a bike. I don't need some book to tell me how."

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:11 AM   #24
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
It really depends on your perspective. I believe that much of the issues were Buell's fault. There WERE fueling issues.

The FZ1 had HORRIBLE fueling issues.

The issue isn't whether one company has issues or not. It's whether they deal quickly and effectively with those issues. Buell has. I believe KTM is working on it.

They hadn't gotten it sorted out by last October for the 2009 models.

It is a bit of a double standard. The most recent review of the 1125CR claimed it was "cramped". WTF? Did they have Andre the Giant testing?

The 1125 platform is one of the roomiest of sportbike models out right now.

It's just magazines. The writers carry their own biases onto the pages.
Yep, never understood why either. You think they would get behind an American who puts so much into his bikes and has so much passion for what he does.

Quote:
Right.
Buell is definatly working on the probs.
My gripe is the mags. If it's a buell, they rip it apart. If it's any European or Jap bike, then they are just minor probs, but nothing major.

Fuckers. Such shit.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:02 PM   #25
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
The problem is that because the other makes all have fairly similar geometry and suspensions, the settings are similar from bike to bike. The Buell geometry requires model specific settings. Rarely do the magazine people take the time to actually read the manual and set the suspension per the manual.

Their attitude is that "I know how to set up a bike. I don't need some book to tell me how."
Gotcha, I get what you are saying now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:48 AM   #26
Scot
Kneedragger

Moto: varies

It's a naked superhawk with higher end braking and suspension components. The one I rode was dodgy at lower RPM even with the updated flash. The local dealer here was blowing them out for 9k. IMO, it's a good bike for 9K. 12k, no.
Scot is offline   Reply With Quote