Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 01-20-2010, 06:57 PM   #1
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R
Default For Us "Winter Folk"

I havent ridden my Bike since Early October...I'm itching at the Chance to get back in the saddle...and While Jersey has had a few nice days where I could've been out for a bit...Either Work got in the way or I was busy with other obligations.

But either way I still need new tires and an Oil change before I can ride her everyday...

But My question is...when the weather breaks where is the "First" place your going to ride to...Do any of you have a specific ride you do from time to time...to a restaurant...store...picture spot etc etc?

I know after I get my Maintenance done and its nice enough Im jumping the bridge into Philly and getting myself a nice Cheesesteak and Cheese fries from Pats. Then I might make a run down to Cape May and take soem pictures by the lighthouse...Take the scenic route down and just enjoy the bike.

So...where will you be going first chance you get?
Old 01-20-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Wherever time allows. A few years back some of my first rides were down to the Ohio River. Did that for a couple weekends straight in early April, really broke my "riding ass" in quick that year.

Not sure about this year.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:39 PM   #3
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

I'll likely take a quick run down Waverly Rd. It's nice and twisty, residential so you don't go too fast and there's a coffee shop in the middle to warm up.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:58 PM   #4
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
I havent ridden my Bike since Early October...I'm itching at the Chance to get back in the saddle...and While Jersey has had a few nice days where I could've been out for a bit...Either Work got in the way or I was busy with other obligations.

But either way I still need new tires and an Oil change before I can ride her everyday...

But My question is...when the weather breaks where is the "First" place your going to ride to...Do any of you have a specific ride you do from time to time...to a restaurant...store...picture spot etc etc?

I know after I get my Maintenance done and its nice enough Im jumping the bridge into Philly and getting myself a nice Cheesesteak and Cheese fries from Pats. Then I might make a run down to Cape May and take soem pictures by the lighthouse...Take the scenic route down and just enjoy the bike.

So...where will you be going first chance you get?
Pussy, I went and did just about 200 miles saturday between my house, New Brunswick, Jackson, Toms River and back to my house. I did a bunch moe riding in december too, but I did take a break where it got down to the teens and only went out once early in the cold spell. My battery is now dead, very dead. Both times I tried to start my bike on sat it needed to be jumped, I had hoped riding it would charge the bat but it didnt do squat so yeh new bat time.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:05 PM   #5
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

Ill prolly make a centerhill run this weekend if the weather holds up, that's a solid 200 mile ride, if the battery is up for it lol

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:49 PM   #6
psychochild28
Banned

Moto: SV 650S

Watch out for the damn bridge it's down to one lane with a stop light that sucks...but you can just go if you can't see anything coming, and there was a bit of gravel up there on monday. But it's clear of salt and the roads in the area are clean.
psychochild28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:49 PM   #7
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Yep Major Pussy...

Fuck the Cold.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:51 PM   #8
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

I take a spin down the Natchez Trace to Leipers Fork for lunch or dinner. Always a great spot to bike/people watch.

Here is me in my favorite spot!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pucketts.jpg (107.5 KB, 51 views)

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:55 PM   #9
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

you perfer the fork over the dam?

i like the area, its just more driveways then I perfer lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychochild28 View Post
Watch out for the damn bridge it's down to one lane with a stop light that sucks...but you can just go if you can't see anything coming, and there was a bit of gravel up there on monday. But it's clear of salt and the roads in the area are clean.
thank you for the heads up duelly noted

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:05 AM   #10
psychochild28
Banned

Moto: SV 650S

Puckets!!! Can't wait to get back there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
im in the boro, and tis real simple to hit chicken road, to tater peeler, to uncle petes, to the damn, great roads and little to no traffic

not gonna lie tater peeler is a bitch when your on it the first time without a guide
Those roads blow they're dirty and have too many dogs and fat lady's in moo moo's
psychochild28 is offline   Reply With Quote