Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 05-30-2011, 12:42 PM   #1
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage
Default Tressel Resigns

Coach Tress resigned this morning after a meeting I believe he called with the university. I really hope these kid's tatoos were really worth getting their coach fired. I really shows that these student athletes really are immature kids, and not the mature athletes everyone hypes them up to be. As long as these idiots are allowed back on the field after their suspension, I refuse to root for the team . I hope Braxton and Berry take the spots and never give them back. A sad dark day in columbus...

All I gotta say is... Urban for '12 baby!!!
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:56 PM   #2
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

care to provide some background for those of use who are unsure as to which sport you are reffering to, let alone what age the students are and what school.

I'm assuming this is college level football or basketball
Old 05-30-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6606999

All pretty dumb if you ask me.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:23 PM   #4
derf
token jewboy

Naw, it looks like he bent the rules to get and keep players who broke the rules, and also profited from his missuse of his position. He broke the rules for a while and got away with it, good for him. Then he got caught, whoops, now he gotta deal with it, too bad for him.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:25 PM   #5
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
care to provide some background for those of use who are unsure as to which sport you are reffering to, let alone what age the students are and what school.

I'm assuming this is college level football or basketball
You apparently havn't watched sportscenter in the last 3 months, or aren't a college football fan.

But yes. He got caught red handed, covering for players. For a coach who was nicknamed the Senator, because he never said or did anything wrong... he really fucked up. And now looks like a major hypocrite for preaching morals and doing the right thing.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Old 05-30-2011, 02:38 PM   #6
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
You apparently havn't watched sportscenter in the last 3 months, or aren't a college football fan.

Correct and correct on both accounts. I'll usually watch teh super bowl, go to a live game if I can, but thats the extent of it.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:01 PM   #7
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Naw, it looks like he bent the rules to get and keep players who broke the rules, and also profited from his missuse of his position. He broke the rules for a while and got away with it, good for him. Then he got caught, whoops, now he gotta deal with it, too bad for him.
That's the dumb part. He had a good gig and fucked it up by doing something stupid.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:05 PM   #8
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Pete carrol did it and he got a head coaching job in the NFL so I guess it is rewarded to some.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:08 PM   #9
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
That's the dumb part. He had a good gig and fucked it up by doing something stupid.
Exactly, why cover for some dumbass kids and jeopardize your job and 3 million dollar salary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Pete carrol did it and he got a head coaching job in the NFL so I guess it is rewarded to some.
EVERYBODY is doing it. People are blind to think otherwise. All of these superstar kids get improper benefits, car deals, and boosters slipping money in their pockets. Usc and osu were just the big boys that got busted by some punk writers looking to start trouble.

And then it was only a matter of time before the witch hunt was on. These writers got what they wanted....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Old 05-30-2011, 06:09 PM   #10
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Exactly, why cover for some dumbass kids and jeopardize your job and 3 million dollar salary.

EVERYBODY is doing it. People are blind to think otherwise. All of these superstar kids get improper benefits, car deals, and boosters slipping money in their pockets. Usc and osu were just the big boys that got busted by some punk writers looking to start trouble.

And then it was only a matter of time before the witch hunt was on. These writers got what they wanted....
Been a while since they could sink a program like they did with SMU back in the 80's
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote