Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 06-08-2011, 07:01 AM   #11
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post

my first thought.
I've had my suit for 6 years. I've heard every joke in the book.

I don't care though. If you put the kind of miles on away from home that I do, and knew how well this suit works, you'd have one too.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:01 AM   #12
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

The story ninjakel tells about the first time you met her, she said you rolled up on your bike, got off, pulled the suit off and was wearing jeans and a tshirt and was soaked head to toe.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:07 AM   #13
G-Rex
Where to next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
The story ninjakel tells about the first time you met her, she said you rolled up on your bike, got off, pulled the suit off and was wearing jeans and a tshirt and was soaked head to toe.
I never said it didn't get hot in the summer. In fact, I tell people if that's the bulk of their riding, not to get one.

I have to plan for cold *and* rain, since I don't just stay in my neighborhood, so I deal with the heat, and I deal with it better than alot of people I guess.

To be fair, that day that I met up with Kel and Leon, I had ridden into Miami from Orlando, and it was July 3, and incredibly-freaking-hot (high 90s). Fortunately Leon had Yuengling on ice in the fridge, so that made my day, especially when I didn't know Yuengling could be had in Floridaat that point!
Old 03-12-2012, 12:27 AM   #14
derf
token jewboy

Just got the suit back from aerostich, had them replace all the zippers with the newer waterproof ones, replaced the torn up knee, replaced the ass, replaced all the zipper pulls (free), replaced the neck velcro, added button snaps to the neck (free), washed it (free), replaced the leg snaps, replaced the left knee armour (free), and replaced the back elastic (which they charged me for but I didn't ask for). I would have been disappointed that they charged me for the elastic, but then I tried it on and realized how bad it was, so it was a good choice on their part.

Its amazing how off colored the rest of the sit is compared to the new panels, pictures to follow, I out them on facebook but sure to computer issues I can't link them here

Last edited by derf; 03-12-2012 at 12:34 AM..
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:26 AM   #15
derf
token jewboy

Old 03-12-2012, 09:06 AM   #16
G-Rex
Where to next?

I definitely like the snaps idea. I may have to send my suit up and have them add it.

I have a bottle of Nik-Wak waiting to wash the thing. I put it on last weekend for the first time after coming back from Prudhoe Bay. I forgot how dirty it was! LOL.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #17
derf
token jewboy

The snaps are great, in fact it is probably (not actually having used it yet) recommend to anyone sending their suit back for work. The snaps, like all new snaps are a little hard to work, and it nullified the 10 second get on advertisement they say, but it keeps the neck closed no matter what.

I can't be the first person to think that the velcro neck sucks, and asked them to put in snaps, its a pretty easy upgrade to have done, its cheap, requires minimal work, doesnt interfere with the original velcro and is easy
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #18
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Can't see the FB pics at work... dammit!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote