Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 05-23-2008, 09:04 PM   #1
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR
Default jacket locks.

Sometimes i dont want to have to carry my jacket with me. IE if i go to a park and want to take a walk. if i go to the mall. If i head to a concert or something.

I wanted to go to a free concert tonight, but i thought wiser of it because i have 3.70 in my bank account right now. Im scrapping to pay all my bills off so i can use my next paycheck strictly for deals gap rally.

there is a friday night free concert series that occupies a renovated amphitheater by a renovated part of downtown near a river (a canal actually. we're all about canals up here in NE ohio). Well its called rocking on the river or some shit, and they have great covers all the time. tonight was led zepelin cover, next week is rolling stones cover, and the bands are usually pretty good. Like i said, i didnt want to go w/o cash because i usually end up buying some food and a couple beers (yes i'll have a beer or two if i dont plan on riding for an hour or so).

but one of my big qualms was i didnt want to have to carry my jacket around all night. So does anybody know of some sort of jacket lock? im considering just buying a cable lock system like so

and looping it through a spot on the bike and putting one end up the sleeve and throwing it over the saddle.

anybody ever thought of this?
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:43 PM   #2
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

the only thing is people fuck'n with your jacket... I've talked to guys who used to lock their helmets to their bike only to come back and have spit in thme, trash, one dude even had cigarettes put out in his helmet.

it's up to you... I just don't know if I'm gonna wanna take the chance... after all... jackets aren't cheap.

I have thought about it at indy though... wonder if they'll have lockers available?
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:49 PM   #3
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
the only thing is people fuck'n with your jacket... I've talked to guys who used to lock their helmets to their bike only to come back and have spit in thme, trash, one dude even had cigarettes put out in his helmet.

it's up to you... I just don't know if I'm gonna wanna take the chance... after all... jackets aren't cheap.

I have thought about it at indy though... wonder if they'll have lockers available?

i wouldn't worry too much about it at indy, its gonna be bike enthusiasts... what stupid fucker is going to mess with some other bikers gear around thousands of bikers?

but yea, there are fuckers out there that like to mess with shit. but then those people are just as likely to mess with your bike or car or whatever. i figure so long as you park it in an open area there shouldnt be any problems. I'm just throwing ideas out there.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:52 PM   #4
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

yeah I understand... and I figure at indy... if you make it even a little bit tough... they'll pass... as there will be HUNDREDS of bikes and I'm sure more than one will be easy prey...

I like the idea... but I'd wear your oldest jacket... ya know? just incase someone trys fuck'n with it... your not out your newest one...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:09 PM   #5
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
but one of my big qualms was i didnt want to have to carry my jacket around all night. So does anybody know of some sort of jacket lock? im considering just buying a cable lock system like so

and looping it through a spot on the bike and putting one end up the sleeve and throwing it over the saddle.

anybody ever thought of this?
That's exactly what I did when I rode to Carlisle. Just used a bicycle lock through the sleeves and chinbar and swingarm/frame. At the one bike night I went to, I left my stuff unlocked, but I was never out of eyesight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
i wouldn't worry too much about it at indy, its gonna be bike enthusiasts... what stupid fucker is going to mess with some other bikers gear around thousands of bikers?
Exactly my thinking. You get a lot more random assholes at something like a concert that's going to draw more people. Other riders are more likely to be respectful since they can relate. Still, somewhere you'll be away for any amount of time, it's smart to lock it up. Otherwise, I always carry my stuff- doesn't matter if I'm away for 10 seconds.

Last edited by Phenix_Rider; 05-23-2008 at 11:11 PM..
Phenix_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:44 PM   #6
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

NTS I have a tiny cable combination lock I was going to use for something but now I'm not. You can have it for a beer, I'll bring it to the rally. It will do what you mentioned above.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 12:53 AM   #7
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

a few of my buddies do the cable lock thru the jacket-never any problems
Old 05-24-2008, 03:07 PM   #8
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

http://www.pacsafe.com/www/index.php...n=detail&id=32

I use one of these. It's not as secured as a heavy cable, but it's easy to carry in the jacket pocket. And it's strong enough to resist people pulling it apart.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 03:11 PM   #9
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

exactly what im lookin for fnfalman, thanks. I'll be sure to book mark that and pick one up when im back from tennessee.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:47 PM   #10
fatburg
Grill Master

Moto: Yamaha FZ6

I just carry a bike lock in my tank bag, works perfect through the sleeve of my jacket.

fatburg is offline   Reply With Quote