Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-18-2008, 05:40 PM   #1
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600
Default Do you believe in Bad Omens?

Okay, so I may be just a tad superstitious, but in my riding group we have this things about bad feelings and bad omens.

Basically, if we are going for a ride or at the track or something, if one of us gets a bad feeling, we may just call something off. I know it sounds silly, but its been proven everytime one of us gets a bad feeling, usually us ladies, that the events typically follow through and something does indeed happen.

Case in point, our group goes on a Sunday ride, someone gets a bad feeling, someone goes down. My last track day was also an example, of both the bad feeling phenomena and the "Bad things come in 3's" phenomena.

1)My race plastics were incorrectly drilled, didnt fit, had to run nekked.

2)Key was lost en route to the track, had to call for spare and meet halfway.

3)Friend got a bad feeling right before the session I wrecked in. (Told her to shut the fuck up, didnt want to hear it, busted my ass)...

SOOOO, that said...I may be just a TAD paranoid about things, and being as nervous as I am about getting back out there...I am just about ready to throw my hands up and hide in a hole somewhere, cuz it feels like the shit is about to hit the fan...

Today, the day before race day I am once again suffering the phenom of the three...

1)FINALLY got my plastics back from the shop, still not painted but supposedly fitted and ready to go on, since fucker had my bike for well over a month when i could have been riding, and plastics since OCTOBER...WRONG, ASSHOLE HADNT TOUCHED THEM...so running nekked again...

2)Payday at my day job, going outta town, kinda need the money, boss decides he'd like to come in late, and not sign paychecks until AFTER 2 which means my $ doesnt get credited till Monday...

3)Since my day is already shit, figured i'd stop by the ice cream shop and ruin my healthy eating kick...20 minutes waiting for ice cream...pay, machine broken, cant have my hot fudge and strawberry soft serve sunday...got money back, but since I gave them the 2 cents plus some more for a tip, i get 98 fuckin cents back...i HATE change...

I quit...

Anyone else ever get superstitious?
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 05:47 PM   #2
fpzx10
Rides a Crotch Scooter

Moto: 2007 GSXR 750

You just got the THREE out of your system today. Tomorrow will be great. I can't wait to hear about it on Monday.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:51 PM   #3
the chi
Forum Coach

i think you may just have broken my string there kev...my friends at the ice cream shop just fixed it and brought me my fudge and strawberry sunday...i think i may sit down and cry now...
Old 04-18-2008, 06:01 PM   #4
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

i used to be, everything happens for a reason, all that stuff. when i was younger and racing, if i won i had to wear the same shoes the next race and write "back 2 back" on them (predicting my 2nd consecutive win, which i got)

one day i was leaving the store i was working at, and i had locked up, cleaned up, etc. as i walked out, i saw i lil book titled the glorius life of jesus christ. it wasnt there before, so i figured it was a sign (i rode to work) that i should be riding with jesus, and im not even religious lol. that tiny book stayed in my pocket for 4years-never read it-then the one day i ride on the street for more than 15min w/o a jacket(and lil book), i totalled my bike and a tahoe. i wasnt hurt tho.

since then i just assume shit happens and we manufacture reasons for the shit so we dont go crazy, because (m.o.) if we knew control was only an illusion and everyone acknowledged that we are in a constant state of chaos, everyone would go insane lol

think about it-if your friend hadnt told you she had a bad feeling-would u have crashed? you dont know. cant know. i like talking about this higher level shit, could do it all day, its interesting. but i gots to go 2work and be lazy
Dnyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:05 PM   #5
the chi
Forum Coach

it fascinates me as well, and usually i can laugh about it and while I do kinda believe in "karma" or what have you, right now I am ready to just push myself off a cliff...that ice cream i finally got...i am now wearing it...

geez.....

i know, i know...i'm being paranoid and girly...c a n t h e l p i t....

it's all good tho, gonna have great track days, Sat & Sun, get lots of pics, learn alot, keep wheels on the ground...its gonna be awesome, i just gotta keep reminding myself...
Old 04-18-2008, 06:21 PM   #6
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

while on a bike, i hold firm to something i was once told when i first started to ride.

If it makes you frown, slow it down.

has saved my ass in more than one occasion. unfortunatly things can still come out of nowhere.

just be happy you're going to the track rae rae.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:12 PM   #7
t-homo
WSB Champion

Anytime I am out for a ride, especially when I am on my way to some twisties, I pray. Not about my riding and not getting hurt, but just talkin to God in general. I guess its been working so far since I have yet to go down. After Dnyce's post I might start keeping a rosary or small bible in my jacket. Couldn't hurt you know.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:32 PM   #8
the chi
Forum Coach

thanks for the positive input guys, I am thinking maybe its just nerves, since i posted this up I have had several good and bad events, so the rule of 3 is broken, guess its just one of those times where events and things are just flying at ya non stop...and maybe my incident left more of a mark on me than i realized...

I am feeling good now tho, we are getting ready to leave the house...cant wait to get out there, smell the early morning air, walk the track, suit up and warm up my tires...for those that know me, imagine me not being a bear in the morning...that would be me at the track...i am excited now, its gonna be great!!
Old 04-18-2008, 07:33 PM   #9
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

nothing in life means anything, rae. Its just a bunch of randomly occuring events with no purpose, so shake the nerves off, you'll be fine tomorrow.

I'm jealous more than anybody knows right now.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:34 PM   #10
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
nothing in life means anything, rae. Its just a bunch of randomly occuring events with no purpose, so shake the nerves off, you'll be fine tomorrow.

I'm jealous more than anybody knows right now.

move to florida, we'll take you with!!