Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 09-02-2009, 10:16 AM   #11
shmike
Follower

Street: Strength & weakness are the same. I'm overly cautious. I notice every little bad situation, driver error, little old lady, etc. I'd rather be on the track.

Track:
Strength is tight / technical stuff.
I'm good on the brakes and can overtake coming into a turn pretty easily.

Weakness is the long boring turns or the really fast trust your knee on the ground at 140mph stuff (especially if there is a bump or surface change mid-turn).
Occasionally, my overtaking on the brakes will lead to poor drive exiting the corner. I've been working on that this year.

Last edited by shmike; 09-02-2009 at 10:18 AM..
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #12
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

street:
weakness riding too fast for the condtions at hand or pushing the limits for a public road way. that being said i tend to brake to early and dont carry enough corner speed
strength: comfortable in almost any situation esp. limited traction/ less then ideal road conditions. not talking about race pace here, just everyday riding and the things you face when you come over a rise and BAM there is a fucking backhoe in the road, just alot of road miles experience in a short time over alot of conditions

track: not enough time to really know, but i am sure its being too early on the brakes

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.

Last edited by dReWpY; 09-02-2009 at 11:06 AM..
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:07 AM   #13
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Strength: buell 1125R. Weakness: the rider
Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:09 PM   #14
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
street:
weakness riding too fast for the condtions at hand or pushing the limits for a public road way. that being said i tend to brake to early and dont carry enough corner speed
strength: comfortable in almost any situation esp. limited traction/ less then ideal road conditions. not talking about race pace here, just everyday riding and the things you face when you come over a rise and BAM there is a fucking backhoe in the road, just alot of road miles experience in a short time over alot of conditions

track: not enough time to really know, but i am sure its being too early on the brakes

I can attest for all of the above... Except the backhoe was me... The gravel in WV was you.

Me... Strength - I often question my abilities which USUALLY keeps my stupidity in check. Weakness - never been to the track, my fatness, and m stupidity.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:39 PM   #15
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

dont think i didnt about shit myself when i saw the backhoe... you just didnt have a front row seat to you dodging it

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:05 PM   #16
Antwanny
WERA White Plate

Me... Strength - I often question my abilities which USUALLY keeps my stupidity in check. Weakness - never been to the track, my fatness, and m stupidity.[/QUOTE]

same minus fatness
Antwanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:37 PM   #17
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
street: body position

track: I don't have a track bike
You don't need a track bike to go to the track.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:34 PM   #18
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Street : weakness... not as smooth as I could be through corners, body position, full control of the bike...
Strength... very cautious and extremely defensive rider (thanks ADD).

Track: never been
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:17 PM   #19
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Street Strengths - situational awareness
Weaknesses - wanting to go faster than I comfortably should, fear of blind turns

Track Strengths - body positioning, tho I can still improve and a desire to improve and learn from the instructors
Weaknesses - not trusting my tires and pushing too hard on occasion (I managed to scrape my tail section on the last track day, with my knee down and didnt crash, NO IDEA how I pulled that off, but I was having so much fun draggin knee I just kept doing it, I guess sometimes I can act like a guy )
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:42 PM   #20
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Street Strengths; experience, lack of panic button, cool head on the bike, good internal dialog, confidence, lack of peer pressure button, I know the difference between the street and the track, trust/familiarization with both my bike and my tires .

Street Weaknesses; could be faster, I tend to stay in my "comfort zone" and don't really push myself to step out of it, lack of patience with other riders, I sometimes lose focus, I tend to be snotty to curb squirrels which lowers my pussy getting potential.

Well, it's been awhile but,

Track Strengths; very good at interpreting the information the bike is giving me, good momentum, fearless, good set-up skills (for me anyway)

Track Weaknesses; body position, target fixation, getting around slower riders, weight, height, demeanor, money!!! Gave it up too easily!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote