Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 09-30-2009, 07:42 PM   #1
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt
Default wsbk imola/magny corse thread

figured it was about time we had one. holy crap what an exciting finish! four races left and the title could go three ways its just a damned shame simoncelli already has a gp ride next year. thats the kind of aggressive young blood aprilia needs to make the most out of the fantastic development work max has done. i almost fell off the couch!

second to last starts this weekend, can't wait!
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #2
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

oh shit.

http://www.bikesportnews.com/article...NY-COURS_WSB_1

By David Miller
Picture by: Double Red
Airwaves Yamaha British Superbike rider and newly-crowned champion Leon Camier has been confirmed as a stand-in rider for Aprilia's Shinya Nakano at the Magny-Cours World Superbike round this weekend and for the season finale at Portimao.

As revealed last night Camier, who clinched his first BSB title at Silverstone on Sunday, will be aboard the factory RSV4 alongside Max Biaggi after getting permission from his team bosses in the UK.

"I got a call earlier this week from Aprilia asking me if I would be in a position to ride the RSV4 for them and after I had talked to Colin (Wright) and the team, I accepted," said Camier, speaking to bikesportnews.com this afternoon.

"I am a bit concerned about the size of the bike but all I can do is go down there, see how it fits, move the handlebars and pegs and just get on it and go round. It's a great opportunity and, hopefully, if I gel with the bike and get on ok, there may be something in it for next year.

"It's going to be a tough challenge for sure. There'll be no time for testing beforehand, and I've never ridden at Magny Cours, but I'm really looking forward to it.

"I would like to thank Aprilia for giving me such an amazing opportunity, and also GSE Racing for being so supportive. This year has been incredible. To follow my BSB Championship win with a ride on-board a proven race winning machine in World Superbikes, is awesome."
TWF Post whore #6
Old 09-30-2009, 09:39 PM   #3
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

speez on Imola

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=38224
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:13 PM   #4
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
pretty fair, still seems like hes mad at fab though

looks like morais is back in for tamada. hopefully that kid can continue to do good things for kawi (by good things for kawi i mean get in the top ten )

wonder if we'd get more people talking about racing if i said that obama would be standing in for tom sykes
TWF Post whore #6
Old 10-01-2009, 09:37 AM   #5
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
Thanks, I was looking for that.

Decent interview.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:15 PM   #6
Clay
I know nothing...

I'm disappointed to see him leave WSBK. But, I'm also excited to see him in GP. My honest concern though is that he won't do as well. Let's face it, in GP the bike matters A LOT.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:50 PM   #7
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
I'm disappointed to see him leave WSBK. But, I'm also excited to see him in GP. My honest concern though is that he won't do as well. Let's face it, in GP the bike matters A LOT.

I'd also like to see him stay in WSBK for another season or two.

Obviously, Yamaha is capable of building a winning bike.

The only question is whether the satellite teams are allowed to build as good a bike as the factory.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:34 AM   #8
Clay
I know nothing...

Well, there's no doubt he's on the best satellite team. NO DOUBT. But, I don't think he'll be up there with Lorenzo and Vale at all next year. I think we'll see a few great flashes, but I foresee him being right behind Colin most of the year. He's got a 2 year contract though, so his 2nd year will see him shine.

Of course, NO ONE foresaw just how well he'd ride this year. Had he not had such bad luck (being taken out by gaybrizio, and the mechanicals) then Mladin's prediction of winning by the last 2 or 3 rounds would have come true.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:24 PM   #9
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

just finished race 2. fooking exciting racing, specially for an ape fan
TWF Post whore #6
Old 10-04-2009, 11:35 PM   #10
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Well, there's no doubt he's on the best satellite team. NO DOUBT. But, I don't think he'll be up there with Lorenzo and Vale at all next year. I think we'll see a few great flashes, but I foresee him being right behind Colin most of the year. He's got a 2 year contract though, so his 2nd year will see him shine.....
I agree. Vale, Stoner, Lorenzo are a notch or two faster on the same track as Spies. I can see him in-line with Edwards.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote