Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...
Unhappy Poor Taco...

Sooooo we just got news that Taco needs surgery.

A couple of days ago, Taco threw up in his cage. I figured he ate some of his favorite toy and it fucked with his stomach, but he wouldn't touch his food during meal time. Later that evening, he threw up a couple more times.

Yesterday morning we took him to the vet and the vet said it could possibly be his food, something he ate other than his food, or some sort of blockage... however during the exam, he could not identify any blockage. He provided some special food, which Taco ate the hell out of, and kept him for the day for observations.

Everything looked ok when we brought him home later that day... we continued feeding him the special food per doctor's orders. At 2am this morning, we awoke to Taco vomitting all over our bed. He threw up several more times when we got up, but seemed ok afterwards. I noticed some little parts of a toy in his vomit and figured that was it.

This morning when I got up, Taco seemed fine, went outside... pooped, peed and in my groggy state, I almost didn't notice... his eye was really puffy and almost completely swollen shut. I got ready for work and his eye seemed to be much better, so ONSSP just watched him for a little while. Soon after I left, the other eye started swelling so she took him to the vet.

The doc figured the swelling was some sort of allergy, possibly related to what's going on inside of Taco or maybe something else he ate. X-rays showed nothing, so they gave him some beryllium, waited an hour and took more x-rays. The results showed something in there, 'granular', that was impeding the beryllium from passing. He is going into surgery later this afternoon.

The doc says it could be something he ate recently, or it could have been in there for quite a while. He noted that Taco is pretty skinny, possibly as a result of this blockage.

Cross your fingers.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote