Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-16-2009, 10:29 PM   #1
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUKIMON View Post
I don't think I could bring myself to part this bike out for any reason. Now if I happen to crash it.......that's another story totally. I also think that my asking price for it would be more than what most would want to pay for an '01 bike, but I feel that it's a pretty fair price considering what they are/were and can do. This one has a new battery, fresh oil and filter, new plugs, new fuel pressure reg., new tires, new tinted screen, front flush mounts, rear aftermarket blinkers, Scorpion slipon, braided/stainless brake hoses front and rear, 5400 miles and about as clean as could be asked for. Yamerhaw has seen it and I am sure that he can attest to how nice it is. It's not perfect, but it's so damn close that you can taste it. lol I don't want to give up the power of this beast, but I mostly commute with it and it's just not easy on me for that. I totally agree with OTB, this thing rides and handles like a dream but just hurts me when I am off it for the day. I honestly think it's more me than the bike, but the bars could be the deciding factor.
I just like to get out and ride better than anything I can think of, next to sex. This bike is meant for more than just riding, or atleast the riding that I do.

I do like the looks of that HD and having a belt is something else that turns me on.

I'll keep the heli bars in mind derf. I'm not totally committed to selling out just yet but I have to do something different before I get to that point. I'm not saying I wouldn't sell it for the right price, as everything I have is for sale for the right price.
I don't know what the market is like down your way...but up here a decent 929 will bring 4500-5000 with 18-25000 miles on it. A nice example with low miles like yours should draw 52-5700 with the right buyer.
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:57 PM   #2
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Moto: '01, 929RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
get some heli bars, you will feel 1000 times better about riding for extended periods of time.

OK, so I searched for these bars and this is what I get:

http://www.starcycle-usa.com/servlet/Detail?no=23964

http://www.indysuperbike.com/custome...oductid=115540

Seems like a lot of money to spend without any guarantee that it will help me. I don't know what to do.....
I did see a cool set of grips on their site that add in a wrist relief for the throttle. May be something else to look into for me.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:06 AM   #3
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Wanker!!!!

I'll be there next weekend to pic her up. The 929 does have an aggressive seating position. The guy I rode with for awhile couldnt go for long.

Pm me your price.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote