Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Old 06-22-2008, 01:32 AM   #21
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
no, they are manufactured and painted out in california. much higher quality than the ebay stuff.
Oh, sweet.
Quote:
The goal is to setup my current plastics (which will soon include a new front piece) for the track, and then pic these up late summer.
Quote:
im only talking about the rest of this season. cant imagine getting more than one or two TD's in before it gets cold and i've got school. If i bought Track skins this year that number would shoot down to 0-1. whats the point, ya know? i'll have an extra set of rashed street skins, might as well put em to use.
Bad move... sell the all the stock plastics and use the money towards track plastics... it will be a couple hours to fit them up and you can just wait to paint them until the winter. You won't miss any track days.

Oem plastics have tons of little fiddly bits and pieces and components, not to mention the headlights and such which are fuckin' expensive.

So even if you don't care about the oem rashed plastics, you'll crash at the track and fuck up all your lights and shit, which you do care about.

Get the track plastics, and start saving for aftermarket rearsets with solid pegs, and some case covers.

And yes.... do as I say, not as I do. I rolled the dice and got unfortunate, which I'm still pissed about. But I'm doing it right this time around.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote