Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 03-15-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes
Default Is That A Ferrari Behind Me?

I headed up Lookout Mountain today on my old Suzuki. A lot of traffic coming down, but I was going up pretty quickly when about halfway up I got behind a line of cars. All of a sudden there's a bright, red car behind me. WTF did that come from? I couldn't recognize it, but it was low and wide. I thought it was a Ferrari.

I pulled over and let the car by. It's a Nissan GT-R. I waited a few minutes and pulled out when I saw more cars coming. I'm soon behind the Nissan. Pretty slow to the top when the Nissan pulls up the road I was going. I love being behind fast cars on a tight curvy road.

I started slowing down at the first curve. The county had dumped sand on the road when it snowed earlier in the week. I can stay in a tire track, but it slows me down. Plus, even some of the tire tracks had sand. The Nissan started pulling ahead. I almost lost it when I came in too fast and my back tire caught some sand. I saved it and caught up to him when he slowed to turn. That was a quick car.

I googled it when I got home: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...gt_r_road_test. 480 HP at the wheels, and 0-60 in 3.3 seconds for only $70K.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:46 PM   #2
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Moto: 2005 R6

I have seen a few...look like a typical import IMO. And weighs a lot!
Ms. Colleen still makes us all think back and wonder about our preschool teachers
Mrs. Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:58 PM   #3
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

yeah I"m not a fan of the looks... nissan fucked up in that department IMO...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:16 PM   #4
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

I like the way it looks, but I'm not a harsh critic when it comes to cars like this.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:35 PM   #5
Over200
Helo Avoidance Equipped

Moto: Time Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
I headed up Lookout Mountain today on my old Suzuki. A lot of traffic coming down, but I was going up pretty quickly when about halfway up I got behind a line of cars. All of a sudden there's a bright, red car behind me. WTF did that come from? I couldn't recognize it, but it was low and wide. I thought it was a Ferrari.

I pulled over and let the car by. It's a Nissan GT-R. I waited a few minutes and pulled out when I saw more cars coming. I'm soon behind the Nissan. Pretty slow to the top when the Nissan pulls up the road I was going. I love being behind fast cars on a tight curvy road.

I started slowing down at the first curve. The county had dumped sand on the road when it snowed earlier in the week. I can stay in a tire track, but it slows me down. Plus, even some of the tire tracks had sand. The Nissan started pulling ahead. I almost lost it when I came in too fast and my back tire caught some sand. I saved it and caught up to him when he slowed to turn. That was a quick car.

I googled it when I got home: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...gt_r_road_test. 480 HP at the wheels, and 0-60 in 3.3 seconds for only $70K.
So you live in town here??..We'll have to get together!
Over200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:50 PM   #6
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over200 View Post
So you live in town here??..We'll have to get together!
Fine. I actually ride time machines: A 79 GS1000E and a 90 CBR1000F. I live in NW Denver and like to ride Lookout Mountain two or three times a week. I also like Golden Gate Canyon when I have more time.

I passed through downtown Golden today on my way up Lookout Mt. There were a hundred Harleys at the Buffalo Rose, and about 20 R1's or R6's by that pizza place on Washington. What and where do you ride?
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:32 PM   #7
Over200
Helo Avoidance Equipped

Moto: Time Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
Fine. I actually ride time machines: A 79 GS1000E and a 90 CBR1000F. I live in NW Denver and like to ride Lookout Mountain two or three times a week. I also like Golden Gate Canyon when I have more time.

I passed through downtown Golden today on my way up Lookout Mt. There were a hundred Harleys at the Buffalo Rose, and about 20 R1's or R6's by that pizza place on Washington. What and where do you ride?
Sweet on the machines!!....But uhhh I guess there is more than one lookout mountain in the US...I thought you were referring to the one in chattanooga!
Over200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:41 PM   #8
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

I saw the GT-R at the Oklahoma City car show last weekend.. it's not the most beautiful car, but if someone gave it to me, I wouldn't say no.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:44 PM   #9
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

huge, heavy, and automatic. no thanks

oh yeah, who drew that C pillar?
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:38 AM   #10
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

There's at least one at the hospital I work at. It's a nice enough car, but it looks like a well done ricer without the obnoxious fart can.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote