Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

Old 04-27-2009, 12:58 AM   #131
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
Damn. I didn't think about sunscreen. I really need to pick up some more batteries for my MP3 Player too. And some raingear.
i will need batteries for my camera and flashlight. I may try to order headphones this week and try using them on the ride down and back. my biggest concern now is just getting the forks done if the shop has to order the seals. I will def pay extra to get them overnighted if need be. I am sure i am forgetting other stuff. we already have a small travel bag for toiletires that we used for track days and stuff so thats already done, but I am sure i will wind up forgetting something.

tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:01 AM   #132
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Awww....fuck! I need to find some of those travel sized toiletries myself! There's no way I'm bringing my huge bottles of shampoo, conditioner, etc!

I guess I need to make a list!

And if you haven't thought about it, bring some insect repellent! (something else I just thought of )

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:26 AM   #133
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Awww....fuck! I need to find some of those travel sized toiletries myself! There's no way I'm bringing my huge bottles of shampoo, conditioner, etc!

I guess I need to make a list!

And if you haven't thought about it, bring some insect repellent! (something else I just thought of )
good call, I will see what I can do with that. i am also going to try to get a small can of plexus or some other cleaner and some wipes for my visor. I have a small can of chain lube I am going to bring too. its not as good as the motul but its in a small can.

I also want to make sure I can fit a few beers into all my stuff too

Tom
Old 04-27-2009, 01:35 AM   #134
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Don't forget my bottle of Rogue Ale!

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Myspace
Old 04-27-2009, 01:39 AM   #135
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Don't forget my bottle of Rogue Ale!
you want the dead guy ale? they have a bunch of other good beers. I have a bottle of their 06 imperial stout at home, that i wont share though

tom
Old 04-27-2009, 07:28 AM   #136
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Me and a friend done done my fork seals. Neither of us has any experience with replacing them either. It took us a little less than 3 hours from putting the bike on the stands to taking the bike off the stands. It wouldn't have taken us that long if we had the correct tool to shove the seal in the fork, but we had to make one using an idea another rider gave us.
About a 2' piece of PVC pipe? That's what I plan to use. The only thing that worries me at all is drilling the damper rods and getting the forks back together (in the triples) straight.

Tommy- you sure it will be done right? I trust myself a lot more than ANY shop I've been to.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:32 AM   #137
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
About a 2' piece of PVC pipe? That's what I plan to use. The only thing that worries me at all is drilling the damper rods and getting the forks back together (in the triples) straight.

Tommy- you sure it will be done right? I trust myself a lot more than ANY shop I've been to.
This is one shop I have 100% faith in I am very friendly with both mechanics and everytime we go to the shop we are always bs ing about bikes music and everything else. These guys also race on dirt and roadcourses. They deal with ducati, triumph, aprilia and BMW so they def know their shit. They also have some rather wealthy clientele so they def need to be on point.

Tom
Old 04-27-2009, 11:08 AM   #138
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Quote:

Yeah, good idea! With all the rain we've had the mosquitos are aweful around here this year!!

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:42 PM   #139
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post

That's what we used but we had to cut the pipe to make it fit. Our problem arose in finding something to cut it.

We didn't do any drilling on the rods so I can't help you there. Getting the front end back together was really easy on my bike. Everything pretty much fits only one way on mine. Take pics and notes if you have to. It helps.

Quote:
Myspace
Old 04-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #140
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
you want the dead guy ale? they have a bunch of other good beers. I have a bottle of their 06 imperial stout at home, that i wont share though

tom
Yeah.

Just pick an inexpensive one and bring it. If the Chocolate Stout isn't expensive, bring that. If not, I'll be happy with the Dead Guy Ale. No Brutal Bitter or Younger's Special Bitter (yes, I've been looking at the website )

Quote:
Myspace