Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

Old 04-29-2009, 07:04 AM   #151
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Thats just crazy...I mean I know hes probably kidding but...Jesus!
Am I I have been looking for a justified excuse for a new ride for a while, plus a buddy crashed his bike this weekend and is in the market for a new one.

All this pre trip insanity is nothing new for me, most of my other long trips and trackdays are usualy chock full of last minute chaos and scrambling ot get the job done. I already sorted out some contingencey plans if there are delays with the fork seals. They told me I should have them by the weekend and are well aware of my time situation. Fortunatley next weeks schedule isnt too bad. Working in the ER mon night, off tues, working a job site on wed, go home nap for 3 hrs and hit the road

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:48 AM   #152
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Tommy, bring your cast saw. I had to cancel my appointment with my doc for thursday cuz I came down to fla, now I cant get another apointment until this tuesday, with the expectation of getting the cast off on friday. I'm also going to need some castmaterials so I can make myself a hand brace for riding.

How do grinding or metal cutting wheels do vs cast materials.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:55 AM   #153
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Tommy, bring your cast saw. I had to cancel my appointment with my doc for thursday cuz I came down to fla, now I cant get another apointment until this tuesday, with the expectation of getting the cast off on friday. I'm also going to need some castmaterials so I can make myself a hand brace for riding.

How do grinding or metal cutting wheels do vs cast materials.
It will cut right thru plaster, problem is it will cut right thru your arm too. A cast saw will cut plaster but not the skin. It doesnt spin but moves back and forth at a high rate of speed. I always show patients that it wont cut yuo on my own arm so they feel better.

I highly doubt I iwll be able to get it out of the hospital but we can use other stuff to take it off.

Tom
Old 04-29-2009, 11:21 AM   #154
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

I'll let you know whats going on. I am taking xrays tuesday and I'm gonna threaten the nurses that I'll cut it off myself if I dont talk to the docs.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:27 AM   #155
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I'll let you know whats going on. I am taking xrays tuesday and I'm gonna threaten the nurses that I'll cut it off myself if I dont talk to the docs.
Usualy that will get them to do it so you dont hack up your arm

Early weather forecasts looking kinda sucky for leaving up here. 30% chance of rain, hopefully it improves over the next few days. Looks better down in GA though.

lastly what time are we meeting up in deleware?

Tom
Old 04-29-2009, 06:18 PM   #156
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Usualy that will get them to do it so you dont hack up your arm

Early weather forecasts looking kinda sucky for leaving up here. 30% chance of rain, hopefully it improves over the next few days. Looks better down in GA though.

lastly what time are we meeting up in deleware?

Tom
Weather in my opinion is still A lil to far out to be calling it...BUT...If its suppossed to be wet when we leave I'd like to either leave earlier or later...Depending on who wants to do what...That call will have to be made basically wednesday later into the night...once I get a grasp on what the skies look like.

I was thinking meet up in DE around Midnight?? Get situated say hi to each figure out the plan of attack...say a prayer and hit the road.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:16 PM   #157
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Weather in my opinion is still A lil to far out to be calling it...BUT...If its suppossed to be wet when we leave I'd like to either leave earlier or later...Depending on who wants to do what...That call will have to be made basically wednesday later into the night...once I get a grasp on what the skies look like.

I was thinking meet up in DE around Midnight?? Get situated say hi to each figure out the plan of attack...say a prayer and hit the road.
I agree on the weather, we will see as the week goes on. Also we need to see how it looks further south. It may be bad here but get better as we go south. I think midnight will work for me too, that way I will leave NYC around 9:30 or 10pm to get down there in time.

Tom
Old 04-29-2009, 09:23 PM   #158
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Yeah...Def. Its way far away to predict...But the 10 day outlook shows the Bottom edge of Delaware with scattered showers...so If it holds true to that forecast it will A. be scattered showers...which I can deal with...and B. once we get to MD it should be clear...Keyword SHOULD be.

But Weather changes like girls Panties...So Ill be keeping an eye on it closer towards our depature...

I got faith we'll be good to go.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:27 AM   #159
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

See...now the weather is calling for No rain and Sun the Day we leave...

I figure this time next thursday we'll be somehwere in GA...Closing in on the Lodge!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 10:09 AM   #160
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
See...now the weather is calling for No rain and Sun the Day we leave...

I figure this time next thursday we'll be somehwere in GA...Closing in on the Lodge!!!

Stop worrying about the weather so much right now. It's really too early to tell shit. And when you get down south, it's never correct anyway

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote