Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Beginner's End

Old 06-13-2008, 01:05 AM   #1
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

And another thing, here's what Lee Parks states about body positioning: "A relaxed upper body makes it possible to change direction or speed with repeatable accuracy." Have you ever ridden behind a cruiser rider that looks like his back is stiff against a flat plank as he goes around a curve? Usually not a smooth cornering maneuver. He's either very slow or jerky. And they hardly ever turn their head to look through the turn.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:15 AM   #2
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
And another thing, here's what Lee Parks states about body positioning: "A relaxed upper body makes it possible to change direction or speed with repeatable accuracy." Have you ever ridden behind a cruiser rider that looks like his back is stiff against a flat plank as he goes around a curve? Usually not a smooth cornering maneuver. He's either very slow or jerky. And they hardly ever turn their head to look through the turn.
I see that a lot around here. All the old farts that pull their bike out once or twice a month are terrified of leaning with the bike. As I'm leaning into it and rolling on, they're slowing down. (of course no one on this forum falls into that category)