Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 11-15-2009, 10:54 PM   #61
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

Don't development mules usually go to the DOT for crash testing? I doubt they're too worried about scratches
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:05 PM   #62
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Don't development mules usually go to the DOT for crash testing? I doubt they're too worried about scratches
Then why paint it? They can't do anything about the cars they sell. If a customer (or someone pretending to be one) wants to make the car a submarine, they can't do much about that. But they have control over there own cars.

As you can see by the Bugatti making a splash, there are cameras and video cameras everywhere. If they have their car on the streets it should look its best. The paint should be free of swirls, spider webbing and scratches as much as possible. They will get dirt on them (the silver one has dust/dirt on the window) from the drive. That happens when you drive. But can tell the between a detailed car getting dirty or a car needing some tlc getting dirty.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:13 PM   #63
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

James, might I recommend you never go to a track where cars supercars are running - your head will explode.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:13 PM   #64
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

Dude they drive those things across the desert, through the arctic, down dirt roads, and generally beat the everloving shit out of them in every way they can. I seriously doubt they're going to take half the day every day they're driving it to detail it "in case someone shows up with a camera" when they've got dev work to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
James, might I recommend you never go to a track where cars supercars are running - your head will explode.
srsly. LOL.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:31 PM   #65
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Race cars don't bother me.

Super cars doing a track day? It would bother me if it looked like the dark blue one. I'm not saying it needs to look perfect, a car that sees a lot of track time (or even highway for that matter) will have problems with the paint on the front bumper and hood because of rock chips. You can also have fine dirt almost sand blast the front of the car. Doesn't mean the car still can't look good.

I don't even like seeing econo cars looking like that Bugatti.

And we are not talking about a $10000 car. Image is everything when you have a price tag as large as that. They are in the business of selling cars, make it look as good as it works.

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 11-15-2009, 11:36 PM   #66
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Dude they drive those things across the desert, through the arctic, down dirt roads, and generally beat the everloving shit out of them in every way they can. I seriously doubt they're going to take half the day every day they're driving it to detail it "in case someone shows up with a camera" when they've got dev work to do.

srsly. LOL.
They don't need to detail the car everyday. In most cases I'm sure they wash it every now and then. Having it detailed and then washed properly is all it takes.

And in case some people don't know what I'm talking about here it is.

Look at the suns reflection on this paint. The last time I looked at the sun it didn't have all of those legs/arms coming off of it. You should see the sun in that paint not on it.

James
Attached Images
File Type: jpg needsabuff.jpg (29.3 KB, 74 views)
Old 11-15-2009, 11:36 PM   #67
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

No Worries said the pic was taken "a couple years ago".........That car has been on the road a lot longer than that. So I doubt they were development mules. They were probably privately owned, or being tested by a magazine, and the 2 guys in Bugatti shirts were just there for technical support or public relations. So polish that shit.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:10 AM   #68
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I dunno, I doubt Bugatti factory guys would bother taking cars to Colorado to test, they could do that shit in the Alps.
Mount Evans road is paved over 14,000 feet, but it's closed until spring. By the way, doesn't Volkswagen own Bugatti?
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:12 AM   #69
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
Race cars don't bother me.

Super cars doing a track day? It would bother me if it looked like the dark blue one. I'm not saying it needs to look perfect, a car that sees a lot of track time (or even highway for that matter) will have problems with the paint on the front bumper and hood because of rock chips. You can also have fine dirt almost sand blast the front of the car. Doesn't mean the car still can't look good.

I don't even like seeing econo cars looking like that Bugatti.

And we are not talking about a $10000 car. Image is everything when you have a price tag as large as that. They are in the business of selling cars, make it look as good as it works.

James
Yup, your head would absolutely explode I've seen many cars that make that one look shiny.... Funny thing, I was told if you are worrying about fingerprints and whether it looks perfect ~ "You're doing it wrong". That was from one of our key members that has a current stable with 25+ vehicles at any given time [including an enzo and the three before it]. So, I think I'll take pointers from him because he's clearly doing something right.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:26 AM   #70
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Yup, your head would absolutely explode I've seen many cars that make that one look shiny.... Funny thing, I was told if you are worrying about fingerprints and whether it looks perfect ~ "You're doing it wrong". That was from one of our key members that has a current stable with 25+ vehicles at any given time [including an enzo and the three before it]. So, I think I'll take pointers from him because he's clearly doing something right.
Then I will do it wrong. I agree with not worrying about every little mark because if it is used it will get marked some how. But it can still look its best. The cropped photo shows what really caught my eye. That paint should look better.

Here is another example of what I'm looking at on that car. Here is the hood of a BMW that I had to detail at my shop.

James
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 124 [800x600].JPG (116.1 KB, 71 views)