Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track > MotoGP

Old 10-23-2011, 12:23 PM   #11
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I watched a good version on liveleak. His left foot came off, he fell to the right and into the path of Rossi and Colin. Colin hit him hard, Rossi seemed to clip him or the bike Nd glance off. Colin went down, and simoncelli went sliding face down with no lid.

It was a horrible wreck. The minute I saw it, I could tell he was likely done for.
Rossi ran over an arm. About that time the helmet could be seen flying off. Cant see what really happened to why it came off...
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:14 PM   #12
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Wow, just wow wreck was tremendous

Godspeed simo
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:38 PM   #13
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
It really looked like a crazy unavoidable accident. Sim just came straight across the line tucked under the bike. Edwards and Rossi both looked like they swerved to the right to avoid him just a little too late. I still don't even know where sim came from. The video I saw showed the 4 or 5 bikes ahead of them and Sim wasnt even there.
This onboard footage, combined with the outside perspective shows pretty clear how it happened.

Sad day, and I can't imagine what must be going through the minds of Edwards and Rossi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDILx...layer_embedded
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:47 PM   #14
Porkchop
125GP Champion

I cant believe this has struck me as hard as it has. Ive been sitting at work all day thinking about it. Because Shoya didnt quite touch me last year. My post on facebook,

Its funny how the death of someone you dont even know can really touch you. It has happened twice recently, most recently with the death of a forum member. The Moto GP community was dealt another blow with the death of Marco Simoncelli today in Singapore. While he was only my 3rd favorite rider, there was always something about him that captivated me, and forced me to root for him. Whether it was his lanky "gorilla on a trycicle"-esqe hunch, his brass and at times bold racing style, or his unwillingness to back down from criticism of said racing style. There was something special about him, he had a certain style on a bike that seperated him from other cookie cutter European riders. And he had that racing fire in him which kept him on the edge at all times. It was either succeed or leave it in pieces. It was that edge and a "right place, wrong time" moment that ended his life. I will dearly miss his afro, goofy italian accent, and talent in the GP paddock. He was a star to be reconed with in the coming years. Rip Marco, Rip Simo, Rip Super Sic....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Old 10-23-2011, 05:02 PM   #15
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Rossi ran over an arm. About that time the helmet could be seen flying off. Cant see what really happened to why it came off...
After they collide, it looks like his helmet has an extra long strap flapping around as the helmet went tumbling. My guess is the strap mounted to the helmet on one side broke off causing the helmet to go flying. Either way, it's also another reminder to keep your helmet up to the age rule. If it's 4 or 5 years, buy a new one.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:12 PM   #16
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

]Translated per http://www.gpone.com/index.php/20111...imoncelli.html

There are so many teams and riders, not only from MotoGP, but also WSBK, Motocross, and Formula 1 who have given their thoughts on the web surrounding the loss of Marco Simoncelli. A huge virtual community that has rallied around the family of Sic, sending their love and their suffering.

Here are the messages entrusted on the networks, with the hope they can reach Marco, wherever he is now.

John Hopkins: God Speed #58 Simoncelli .... Your fighting spirit will live on forever !!!

Bradley Smith: Speechless to the news of Marco #58. Such a sad moment..... R.I.P

Jorge Lorenzo: Que mierda.

Toni Cairoli: Non e possibile !!! Non ci sono parole! RIP SIC 58!

Yamaha MotoGp: Rest In Peace Sic....our thoughts are with your family and team..a tragedy...

Carl Fogarty: Devastated to hear that marco simoncelli has died..the guy was a breath of fresh air in moto gp.. Can't believe it.

Leon Haslam: What terrible news. R.I.P. MARCO my thoughts to all his family and friends...

Troy Bayliss: R.I.P Marco.

Ramon Forcada: Impotencia total. El precio a pagar a veces es desproporcionado.

Wayne Gardner: Stunned. Devastated. Huge huge loss for MotoGP and the world

Scott Redding: No no no no marco NO I don't want to believe it !!!!! R.I.P much love to you

Cal Crutchlow: RIP Marco Simoncelli ! A great rider and all round nice guy. My thoughts are with all his family & friends. I will never forget today … #58

Ducati: Ciao, Marco, da Ducati tutta. / Bye, Marco, from everyone at Ducati.

LCR: A great tragedy hits MotoGP world today, we have lost a friend Marco Simoncelli. We cry a friend.

Repsol: It is a very sad day for the motorbike family. We at Repsol join all in feeling the sadness of this terrible loss. RIP Marco Simoncelli.

Marco Melandri: Buon viaggio Marco. Le parole non spiegheranno mai la sofferenza

Paul Denning: #58 - a funny, lovely, genuine guy with massive spirit. No words to describe how smashed everyone feels. Such a tragedy. Go well, Marco...

Pablo Nieto: Joder aun no me lo puedo creer!! Es muy injusto Marco tenia toda la vida xdelante! Acabo de hablar con mi padre y esta todo el mundo fatal!!

DannyWebb: R.I.P marco such a sad situation! What a fantastic rider he was!

Maverick Vinales: Forza Sic!!..

Chaz Davies: RIP Marco. Our sport has lost a great rider and all round great guy. My thoughts are with his family.

Timo Glock: What a horrible week after Dan Wheldon now Marco Simoncelli in Moto GP.! My thoughts are with his family and friends! RIP

Williams F1: Thoughts with Marco Simoncelli's family&friends today after the Moto GP rider succumbed to his injuries after terrible crash this morning.

Héctor Faubel: No se k decir la verdad! Xo esto es muy muy fuerte!! Ufff! No tengo palabras... Solo lagrimas... ? super sic un grande y valiente chico

Julián Simón: Mi apoyo total en este momento para familia, amigos, Team gresini que vuelve a revivir el sufrimiento de perder a un piloto y a todo motogp

Fonsi Nieto: Hoy es uno de los peores dias de mi vida.... No es justo que pasen estas cosas de verdad!!!! No es justo!!!!!

Nicky Hayden: Sometimes life just don't make sense... RIP #58 your were a star on & off track we all going to miss you.

Alex Hofmann: What a loss !!! I am thankful for every moment we shared & all those times u made me laugh ... R.I.P Marco Simoncelli

Jorge Lorenzo: No se que decir de un dia asi... Solo se que te echaremos de menos. Descansa en paz Marco.

Aleix Espargaró: Es incre*ble, como cambia la vida en unos segundos.. Siempre te recordaremos Simoncelli 58. Es duro, muy duro, te replanteas muchas cosas...

Kenny Noyes: Terrible, such a great rider and person. I can't believe it.

Sergio Gadea: 58 4ever!!! No entiendo xq la vida es tan injusta!!! Nunca te olvidaremos

Jonathan Rea: Rest in peace Marco Simoncelli! A true inspiration, amazing rider and gentleman! Your legacy will never be forgotten!

Team Pramac: CIAO MARCO Sarai sempre nei nostri cuori

Alex Crivillé: Adiós, 'SuperPippo'

Ben Spies: Super Sic rest easy.....

Hector Barbera: Sin palabras.Lo q diga poco es... Destrozado!Mucha fuerza a su familia amigos y equipo...Lo llevaremos con nosotros siempre...Es injusto

Robertino Pietri: Dia muy triste para la familia del mundo a motor ,Adios Marco , SUPER SIC#58, no tengo palabras,estaras siempre en nuestro corazon

Andrea Dovizioso: RIP Marco. I miei pensieri e le mie preghiere sono rivolti alla famiglia e agli amici di Marco.

Davide Brivio: Non è giusto però.. Ma com'è possibile e poi perché? Non abbiamo parole... ci sono rischi in questo sport però qui una serie di coincidenze

Jason Button: R.I.P Marco... Such an exciting talent lost. My thoughts are with his family, friends and everyone involved in MotoGP.

Alvaro Bautista: Arce Sin palabras...DEP #58

Uccio Salucci: Non ho parole per esprimere il mio stato d'animo in questo momento.Purtroppo il nostro sport a volte e' bastardo,un saluto al Sic.

Luca Scassa: Ciao Marco

Pablo Nieto: All the best for simoncelli family! We never forget you sic 58

Alvaro Bautista: SIC era 1grandisimo piloto y tod@s le echaremos d menos.Mucho animo a su familia y amigos #58

Eugene Laverty: Devastated to hear of the death of Marco Simoncelli, one of the best of our generation. Thoughts go out to his family. RIP Marco

FTR: shocked and saddened at the premeture departure of Marco, such a bright talent and huge personality, all our thoughts are with his family.

Lewis Hamilton: RIP #MarcoSimoncelli. My thoughts are with his family, friends and team at this extremely sad time. Another tragic loss at such an early age

Joan Olivé: Hoy es un d*a muy triste,tuve la suerte de compartir equipo con el en 2005,era un gran piloto y muy buena persona.Ánimos para la familia!#58

Ben Bostrom: Quality vs Quantity in life. We could all learn a lesson here. Live w/the passion Simo raced. Never know when your # is pulled. Ciao Sic
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:55 PM   #17
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Godspeed, racer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg super%20sic.jpg (79.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 10-23-2011, 07:36 PM   #18
Porkchop
125GP Champion

I just found that same picture Defector. Someone is going to PS some wings on him eventually.

Linky with some frames...

http://www.automotive-information.co...g-Malaysia.jpg
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Old 10-23-2011, 07:49 PM   #19
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

terrible news, RIP
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:29 PM   #20
Porkchop
125GP Champion

I'm not sure I even want to post this photo, but someone caught an inside angle.

Some other good photos of the Grisini and Simoncelli family after the race...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...GP-Sepang.html
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold