Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 02-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...
Default $20,000 "Obamacare" Bronze plan

OK, so I know this story is bullshit, given the source. Problem is, they are (probably intentionally) misrepresenting wording from an actual IRS document. Somebody who knows more about tax codes than me, help me convince my Facebook friends to shut the fuck up about this:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/irs-...e-20000-family

(Further evidence this is bullshit: the 'story' is nowhere to be found on Fox News. ETA: By that I mean, if there was even the slightest chance of printing a marginally truthful story detracting "Obamacare," Fox News would be all over it. The fact that the Fox News editors, who have no doubt seen this story as it is making the rounds through every conservative blog and website on the internet, did not run the story yet tells me that there's not even a fraction of a grain of truth to it.)

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Last edited by fatbuckRTO; 02-02-2013 at 05:12 PM..
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO View Post
OK, so I know this story is bullshit, given the source. Problem is, they are (probably intentionally) misrepresenting wording from an actual IRS document. Somebody who knows more about tax codes than me, help me convince my Facebook friends to shut the fuck up about this:

(Further evidence this is bullshit: the 'story' is nowhere to be found on Fox News.)

I'll give it a try when I get the chance but when I skimmed the news about this news, the summary is that the entire article is BS.
The $20,000 number was an arbitrary number (not representing anything in the actual IRS docs) used for illustrative purposes.

Tell your facebook friends that if they actually read the IRS link in the CNS article it would clearly state that the new law only stipulates that African Americans are eligible for $250 voucher if they purchase a fingerprint gun safe due to affirmative action.
That should throw them off for awhile.
Maybe say something about the gays or something.
Married Gay couples are exempt from social security taxes and may if they live in Kentucky are disbarred from participating in group coverage insurance because of the aids and muscle shirts.

thats what I would do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #3
Twobanger
Canyon Carver

Meh, everything I looked at links back to the cns article. That said, the media is practically the propaganda arm of the democrat party. Do you really think they would report on something harmful to them? Benghazi and Fast and Furious are prima fascia evidence that if its harmful to democrats it gets swept under the rug. Someone ignorant says something stupid and the media whips itself into a frenzy until it becomes a "conservative war on women", a gun sold at a gunstore to the second in command at ATF is found at a Mexican crime scene and <crickets>.
Twobanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #4
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO View Post

(Further evidence this is bullshit: the 'story' is nowhere to be found on Fox News. ETA: By that I mean, if there was even the slightest chance of printing a marginally truthful story detracting "Obamacare," Fox News would be all over it. The fact that the Fox News editors, who have no doubt seen this story as it is making the rounds through every conservative blog and website on the internet, did not run the story yet tells me that there's not even a fraction of a grain of truth to it.)
Actually I didn't need to go any further than the story, itself, to note the level of bullshit involved:

"The IRS's assumption that the cheapest plan for a family will cost $20,000 per year is found in examples the IRS gives to help people understand how to calculate the penalty they will need to pay the government if they do not buy a mandated health plan."

The IRS document makes no such statement, so why is the article making the assumption that it's so? Generally speaking I find that government examples fall more in the middle of the range, than at either end of the spectrum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twobanger View Post
Meh, everything I looked at links back to the cns article. That said, the media is practically the propaganda arm of the democrat party. Do you really think they would report on something harmful to them? Benghazi and Fast and Furious are prima fascia evidence that if its harmful to democrats it gets swept under the rug. Someone ignorant says something stupid and the media whips itself into a frenzy until it becomes a "conservative war on women", a gun sold at a gunstore to the second in command at ATF is found at a Mexican crime scene and <crickets>.
Like Buck says, it isn't anywhere to be found on Faux News. That leads me to believe that even they don't consider the story to have legs. At least not until it has made the rounds on the internet enough that O'Reilly can quote it secure in the knowledge that it will be believed by millions who already think it's true, then keep quoting it long after it has resoundingly been proven to not be so as he has so many times in the past.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote