Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 04-06-2010, 10:04 AM   #11
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I like these wagons ok but I need towing capicity and some off road capability. That's why I recently bought an SUV...and glad I did. It's not fast...doesn't handle like a sports car either but can pull my boat and can play a little off road so it does what I wanted it too. I've got two cages and two bikes in the garage for the spirited stuff when on the road.

The first "performance wagon" I drove was sthe Magnum SRT-8 and I have to admit...it was a fun ride that had plenty of room. I was able to thrash it around on a track...so that I did.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:05 AM   #12
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownroad View Post
Ah, trying to steal some market share from the Dodge Magnum SRT-8 wagons by making one that's more expensive... those diabolical geniuses at General Motors are at it again!
The more likely scenario, and something the article suggests, is selling this car in America is secondary to Cadillac. I suspect it is meant to generate attention for Cadillac in Europe by taking on the M5 touring, E63 wagon, and Audi's RS wagons with more power at a similar or lower price. This car pretty much guarantees at least every British car magazine will run a group comparison between these manufacturers. If the CTS-V does well it generates interest for the Cadillac brand.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:09 AM   #13
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
The more likely scenario, and something the article suggests, is selling this car in America is secondary to Cadillac. I suspect it is meant to generate attention for Cadillac in Europe by taking on the M5 touring, E63 wagon, and Audi's RS wagons with more power at a similar or lower price. This car pretty much guarantees at least every British car magazine will run a group comparison between these manufacturers. If the CTS-V does well it generates interest for the Cadillac brand.
Makes sense.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:42 AM   #14
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Makes sense.
More than the Magnum theory anyway since that car/SUV got the axe in 2008.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #15
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

My reference to the Magnum was sarcasm... should have known that from the reference to GM management as geniuses.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:01 PM   #16
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownroad View Post
My reference to the Magnum was sarcasm... should have known that from the reference to GM management as geniuses.
I got it for the GM brass but didn't carry it over to the Magnum reference.