Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 04-06-2010, 10:40 PM   #61
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

I still have mine (01) but I gotta get down to Illinois to pick mine up.

I had a 5 speed but I got the last of the T 45s built in late 2000. I added a couple simple things from Steeda to get a nice short throw on the shifter and a shorter throw on the pedal too. The newer 3650s (02+) that went in had lots of issues down the road with their synchros. I don't know jack shit about the autos so I can't tell you much about the programmer and what it is worth to you.

The 4.6 is a bitch to make power with when your dealing with natural aspiration so don't waste your money on that throttle body. The stock intake sucks so what ever you go with will be an improvement but cold air is always a plus. And before anything else happens, get rid of those god damned tail lights.

Another choice to make is an x pipe over h pipe if you are gonna get rid of the cats. H pipe keeps a nice deep rumble but the x pipe typically makes more power, since that isn't an issue go for the H pipe with a healthy cat back.

Lowering it with a set of 18s or 19s looks good. I have had 17s on mine but 18s fill the wheels really well. 20s are usually a bit too for the body style/size of the car.

I drove a chicks 3.8 purple convertible sometime and despite all the detracting factors, I really enjoyed cruising around in a convertible.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:41 AM   #62
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post

I still have mine (01) but I gotta get down to Illinois to pick mine up.

I had a 5 speed but I got the last of the T 45s built in late 2000. I added a couple simple things from Steeda to get a nice short throw on the shifter and a shorter throw on the pedal too. The newer 3650s (02+) that went in had lots of issues down the road with their synchros. I don't know jack shit about the autos so I can't tell you much about the programmer and what it is worth to you.

The 4.6 is a bitch to make power with when your dealing with natural aspiration so don't waste your money on that throttle body. The stock intake sucks so what ever you go with will be an improvement but cold air is always a plus. And before anything else happens, get rid of those god damned tail lights.

Another choice to make is an x pipe over h pipe if you are gonna get rid of the cats. H pipe keeps a nice deep rumble but the x pipe typically makes more power, since that isn't an issue go for the H pipe with a healthy cat back.

Lowering it with a set of 18s or 19s looks good. I have had 17s on mine but 18s fill the wheels really well. 20s are usually a bit too for the body style/size of the car.

I drove a chicks 3.8 purple convertible sometime and despite all the detracting factors, I really enjoyed cruising around in a convertible.

I have 17/18s on it now. I have to pass emissions every year so I'm not sure about removing the cats... I'm looking at tail and head lights now. Probably go with smoked led tail and projector fronts.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:02 PM   #63
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
I got my kid an '87 Mustang 5.0.

2K, it was cheap, and no one had hacked it up.

Needed a water pump. Takes 15 minutes to do a Chevy, so I bit.

I've got over two days in it so far. Everything that could possibly be a clusterfuck has been, including two stuck, sheared bolts (corroded from their mixing steel and aluminum), resulting in a cracked timing cover (made of hopelessly thin cast aluminum).

Every single bolt in the front cover assy. must be in before you tighten a single bolt [no dowel for location], the water pump is caught up in all this mess, and needs all of its bolts in at once to line up also. Front accessory drive? Large bracket on driver's side needs - you guessed it; all bolts in before you snug ANY, or it's a clusterfuck.

Ford. Now I remember.

I changed the water pump on my 83 GT is less than 20 minutes. Twice.(don't ask)

How are you finding the car? I am starting to look for a GT vert of that generation, because they are so damn cheap!
Old 04-21-2010, 05:18 PM   #64
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

How do I like it? I fucking hate it. It's a fucker to work on, and it has an AT.

Maybe if it had a stick, I'd hate it less.

My kid likes it.