Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 06-10-2012, 02:08 AM   #1
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage
Default Pacquiao wins....

...... but he loses???

Anybody watch? What a fucking shocker. Our B-dubs went ape shit baserk. I mean everybody was walking out thinking it was a no brainer, unanimous decision for Pacman. When the first judge went Bradley, we kinda went "huuuh?" but we shrugged it off. How does someone who controlled the fight, had a higher hit completion % by far, had a higher power punch completion % by far, staggered his opponent multiple times, and never even looked tired... lose the fight? This isn't based on who deserved to keep the title, or who did or didn't do enough to win the title. It should be on who won the fucking fight.

And boxing wonders why they are failing miserably and UFC is so much more popular. I sent a tweet to Dana White and he is embarassed for fighting in general.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

This is probably the worst decision I've ever seen... though MMA has it's fair share of shitball judging, this was by far the worst... Rematch, Pacman absolutely tears this guy apart... I hope this makes him hungry....
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

The media is so obsessed with Pacquiao, fuck him, tired of hearing about him lol
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #4
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
...... but he loses???

Anybody watch? What a fucking shocker. Our B-dubs went ape shit baserk. I mean everybody was walking out thinking it was a no brainer, unanimous decision for Pacman. When the first judge went Bradley, we kinda went "huuuh?" but we shrugged it off. How does someone who controlled the fight, had a higher hit completion % by far, had a higher power punch completion % by far, staggered his opponent multiple times, and never even looked tired... lose the fight? This isn't based on who deserved to keep the title, or who did or didn't do enough to win the title. It should be on who won the fucking fight.

And boxing wonders why they are failing miserably and UFC is so much more popular. I sent a tweet to Dana White and he is embarassed for fighting in general.
I didn't see the fight but read about it. UFC has bad decisions or early stoppages. Its a problem with all judged sports.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #5
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
The media is so obsessed with Pacquiao, fuck him, tired of hearing about him lol
Because he is that good. Anybody at the top of their game gets sickening media coverage... Think Lebron, Pujols, Brady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
I didn't see the fight but read about it. UFC has bad decisions or early stoppages. Its a problem with all judged sports.

James
Early stoppages are more about fighter safety, so thats a judgement call. There have been some bad decisions in ufc, but they were close fights, aka shogun/machida draw. This was an outright sham.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #6
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Because he is that good. Anybody at the top of their game gets sickening media coverage... Think Lebron, Pujols, Brady.

Early stoppages are more about fighter safety, so thats a judgement call. There have been some bad decisions in ufc, but they were close fights, aka shogun/machida draw. This was an outright sham.
Once again its a judgement call. You will have that in all judged sports. I haven't watched the fight but from what I hear it Bradley tried hard with to hurt ankles but the fight wasn't even close. The judges each have a different viewing angle of the fight. So one judge being wrong in a close fight isn't a huge deal. Two being wrong in a one sided fight is.

Hopefully they will look at the judges and if they did mess up that bad then they will be stopped from judging anymore fights.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #7
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
There have been some bad decisions in ufc, but they were close fights, aka shogun/machida draw. This was an outright sham.
Nam vs Garcia was pretty bad. So was Bisping vs Hamil. Same for Kampmann vs Sanchez.....these 3 were the ones that popped into memory immediately. It happens in all judged sports, as Flexin posted.

Here is my opinion (conspiracy theory!):
Boxers that aren't HW and aren't named Mayweather or Pacquiao don't sell PPV's. Win or lose, Pacquiao will still sell PPV's, regardless of opponent. I don't think the same can be said for Bradley as a main draw.
Add in that Mayweather is currently locked up for a bit, and there you have it. You have to have Pacquiao on a PPV, and what better sell than the revenge factor? Boxing is still a business.