Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Model Reviews

Old 11-23-2008, 07:55 PM   #61
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT BSTRD View Post
I want a bike that is hot, vibrates, smells like gas and burning souls, sounds like you are running a chainsaw through a snare drum, and scares the piss out of you at least once every time you take it out of the barn.
best bike description ever for a thrill ride, sounds like my kawi--air cooled i4.

different strokes, u know the rest

unless its a racebike, vtwin sportbikes sound the best-second only to a triple

Last edited by Dnyce; 11-23-2008 at 08:02 PM..
Dnyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:00 PM   #62
tlstreak
As Seen On TV

Moto: 01 929

You go up 2 in the rear I was getting about 17K out of my chain and sprockets (530 DID with steel afam)
Fuel mileage isnt really effected until your romping the gas. Youll see about 100 a tank on/off throttle 120-140ish with the wind at your back HWY.

I dont know how much you sport ride. My TL felt really good running the Diablo Strada on the rear with a Diablo up fornt. Got very good mileage, and with the weight of the bike the sport touring tire did well even in the curves.
tlstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:18 PM   #63
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlstreak View Post
You go up 2 in the rear I was getting about 17K out of my chain and sprockets (530 DID with steel afam)
Fuel mileage isnt really effected until your romping the gas. Youll see about 100 a tank on/off throttle 120-140ish with the wind at your back HWY.

I dont know how much you sport ride. My TL felt really good running the Diablo Strada on the rear with a Diablo up fornt. Got very good mileage, and with the weight of the bike the sport touring tire did well even in the curves.
The question is... well, the questions are... Did you go -1 up front too? And is that 17k speedo-healed?

I sport ride as much as FL's straight, flat roads will allow it... So I try to drag knees through intersections mostly.

Diablos came stock on my Buell... I only got 3k out of the rears... Got less than that out of the 2CT's... of course, that's cause I got a nail in the rear... Had about 1k on the Road 2's, but never was in a position to push them at all...

I was probably going to run the Road 2's again considering the geography of this area... Although, I've been wanting to do a track day for a long, long time so maybe I'll try the 2ct's again... They were actually wearing really well before I got the nail... and they stuck like glue in the corners...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:41 PM   #64
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

OSP you should come up and do the TWFix rally in late May. it's a trip... I know... but it's also a mini rally
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:43 PM   #65
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
The question is... well, the questions are... Did you go -1 up front too? And is that 17k speedo-healed?

I sport ride as much as FL's straight, flat roads will allow it... So I try to drag knees through intersections mostly.

Diablos came stock on my Buell... I only got 3k out of the rears... Got less than that out of the 2CT's... of course, that's cause I got a nail in the rear... Had about 1k on the Road 2's, but never was in a position to push them at all...

I was probably going to run the Road 2's again considering the geography of this area... Although, I've been wanting to do a track day for a long, long time so maybe I'll try the 2ct's again... They were actually wearing really well before I got the nail... and they stuck like glue in the corners...

dude. thats pretty stupid. and thats comming from a guy that fucked 2 guard rails this year.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:44 PM   #66
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
OSP you should come up and do the TWFix rally in late May. it's a trip... I know... but it's also a mini rally
wtf is a mini rally? we had 5 people show up to the last rally and didnt call it "mini".

either you come of you dont. slap a twfix sticker on it and i'll be there.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:51 PM   #67
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

I say mini because the list only had like 5 regulars...

and yes... last year was sad... never again! I'll do everything possible to attend from now on... next 4 years should be good considering I can't deploy for that long.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:52 PM   #68
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Where is this said "rally"?

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:57 PM   #69
tlstreak
As Seen On TV

Moto: 01 929

Stay away from the -1 up front. My speedo was probably more acurate +2 than it was stock. That might have had something to do with running a 180-55 instead of the OEM 190-50 and the speedo is off the front sprocket so going -1 on the front will throw it wayyyy off.

You could go 3 up in the rear and be happier than +2 -1. I tried it once the bike was very unsettled in corners vs RPM. +2 was almost perfect.
tlstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:57 PM   #70
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

it's not the rally... it's the TWFix Track day... in shitville...