Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 12-05-2008, 12:42 AM   #1
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage
Default Sport Rider- 2009 Buyers Guide

So my January issue of Sport Rider arrived late this weekend... the highlight of my month. It has a couple of good articles as well as the 2009 Manufacturer's lineup. Buell fans will find interest in the First Ride article of the 2009 Buell 1125CR. Zuk fans will like the introduction of the new 09 GSXR-1000.

Other interesting things to be noted for the 09 line-ups....

-The long running standard Suzuki SV650 is now dead. Replaced by the new novice-friendly Suzuki Gladius at $6499. The SVS still lives....

-Of course everybody knows Ducati's move to the 1198 motor. The 1198R will only be offered in a very limited quantity Troy Bayliss edition. The 1198 and 1198S is still offered in normal quantities.

-New American produced sportbike... the Fischer MRX??? Power comes supplied via Hyosung's 650 V-twin motor. American design, Korean motor... quite odd! This bike might be old news, but it is new to me.... http://www.fischer1.com/index.htm

-ABS option now available to Honda CBR600RR & 1000RR...

-Kawasaki ER-6n make it state side... yuck!

-MV Agusta F4 RR 312 1078- quite possibly the longest bike name ever, but raved as the "ultimate cocktail of power and controlled aggression"

-Triumph Daytona 675 was finally updated with "racing-learned" modifications. (Higher rev limit, taller 1st gear, lighter exhaust, revised cylinder head and EFI mapping, new valves) Looks the same...

-New Yamaha FZ6R. NOT a faired version of existing FZ6. Totally new motorcycle, produced for novice riders that want a sporty-faired image. Single-headlight and dual football shaped air intakes make it look EERILY similar to a Suzuki GSX-R or GSX-F...

-R.I.P... Buell XB12S/TT, Ducati Desmosedici RR, Kawasaki Z1000, Kawasaki ZZR600, Suzuki B-King, Suzuki SV650
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:15 AM   #2
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

b-king only lasted a year? wow. shoulda just made it supercharged like the concept if it was gonna be a short run like that
Old 12-05-2008, 03:19 AM   #3
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

really killing off the ZZR600? intresting... they sold well I thought.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:43 AM   #4
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Liquid Buells FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:00 AM   #5
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
Liquid Buells FTW!
I'm really getting into the XB12STT lately. For some reason I really like it. And the CR is QUICKLY moving up the list for my next ride.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:42 AM   #6
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

well a little change of pace never hurt anyone.

At least I got my 08.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:56 PM   #7
Yamerhaw
Country Boy

Moto: 07 R1

the hyosung 650 sportbike is over $6,000, screw that, and the 250 is about the same price as a ninja 250

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
Yamerhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:28 PM   #8
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
really killing off the ZZR600? intresting... they sold well I thought.
Yea... the ZZR and Z1000 supprised me the most. Especially the ZZR. It was a perfect niche bike because it fit so well into the real world. Being not so hard core... or expensive as the newer generations of SS. Really supprising with how well that niche sells with the ZZR, R6S, and F4i. Now if you are an intermediate rider and Kawi fan your only options are to go zx-6r or the parallel-twin Ninja 650....

Sat on a B-King at a dealer... it was intersting...
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 05:29 PM   #9
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
So my January issue of Sport Rider arrived late this weekend... the highlight of my month. It has a couple of good articles as well as the 2009 Manufacturer's lineup. Buell fans will find interest in the First Ride article of the 2009 Buell 1125CR. Zuk fans will like the introduction of the new 09 GSXR-1000.

Other interesting things to be noted for the 09 line-ups....

-The long running standard Suzuki SV650 is now dead. Replaced by the new novice-friendly Suzuki Gladius at $6499. The SVS still lives....

-Of course everybody knows Ducati's move to the 1198 motor. The 1198R will only be offered in a very limited quantity Troy Bayliss edition. The 1198 and 1198S is still offered in normal quantities.

-New American produced sportbike... the Fischer MRX??? Power comes supplied via Hyosung's 650 V-twin motor. American design, Korean motor... quite odd! This bike might be old news, but it is new to me.... http://www.fischer1.com/index.htm

-ABS option now available to Honda CBR600RR & 1000RR...

-Kawasaki ER-6n make it state side... yuck!

-MV Agusta F4 RR 312 1078- quite possibly the longest bike name ever, but raved as the "ultimate cocktail of power and controlled aggression"

-Triumph Daytona 675 was finally updated with "racing-learned" modifications. (Higher rev limit, taller 1st gear, lighter exhaust, revised cylinder head and EFI mapping, new valves) Looks the same...

-New Yamaha FZ6R. NOT a faired version of existing FZ6. Totally new motorcycle, produced for novice riders that want a sporty-faired image. Single-headlight and dual football shaped air intakes make it look EERILY similar to a Suzuki GSX-R or GSX-F...

-R.I.P... Buell XB12S/TT, Ducati Desmosedici RR, Kawasaki Z1000, Kawasaki ZZR600, Suzuki B-King, Suzuki SV650
First... your orange font certainly sets you apart and makes you soooo cool and different... Now stop fucking using it cause it's nearly unreadable and looks like shit.

WTF is the Suzuki Gladius?

I could give two shits and fuck about that Fischer bike... been talk, talk, talk way to fucking long.

The new Kawi streetfighter version of the Ninja 650 is a cool lookin' rig... I'd totally rock one and a fun commuter...

Cool that Yamaha is reinventing the FZ6R... New beginner friendly bikes that don't look like shit are very cool...

Kinda odd that Buell is dumping the TT... It's so much like their other bikes... Hell, same with the S... I assume they are just trying to direct the focus off the air-cooled and onto the liquid cooled bikes... I did like that fucking TT too... My next mod plans for my Buell was to put the Uly/TT fender on it and rock the TT seat... That TT seat is ...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 05:56 PM   #10
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamerhaw View Post
the hyosung 650 sportbike is over $6,000, screw that, and the 250 is about the same price as a ninja 250
Get this shit. The new Ninja 250R is selling for $6,800 here in Vegas. And there's a fucking waiting list for them. Dumb fucks are buying them for that much. Retards.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote