Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 08-14-2008, 07:02 PM   #91
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

I have a PP2ct front an a PP rear I got at Deals Gap when my PP Race take off started showing bands. The PP probably has 3500 on it now and is just below the indicators but I'm going to squeeze another 1000 out of the tires. But I love how they hook up. Not that I'm pushing them to the limits but one thing I do like is knowing my tires won't be to blame if I screw up.

My next tire since I'll mainly be doing commuting (From home, to school, to work, and then home) will be Pilot Roads2 which are suppose to have Pilot Road centers with regular PP sidewalls. But once my PP2ct Front wears out I'll look into other tires.

On my old SecaII I got some Bridgestone Battlax tires (BT21 I believe) that were pretty nice and lasted a long time (Even after I sold it an they rarely saw sidewall action).
Old 08-16-2008, 08:01 PM   #92
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Oh shit... just tried the new Bridgestones, BT003R's. FUCKING AMAZING. I went with a medium front and hard rear, perfect combination.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:36 PM   #93
t-homo
WSB Champion

I just ordered a set of Diablo Rossos yesterday. Hopefully I can have them on in a week or so, then tell my initial thoughts.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:16 PM   #94
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Run about 36-35 commuting

31-30 twisties

track can get off the wall I usually run around 26-21
I do something similar for commuting and twisties.

For the track I monitor my hot temps though, not cold... hot temps are more important.

For example pirelli vendor told me you want around 32-33 hot... I ended up needing to put them around 27 cold... this is obviously very dependent on ambient and track temps.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:18 PM   #95
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
I just ordered a set of Diablo Rossos yesterday. Hopefully I can have them on in a week or so, then tell my initial thoughts.
I put on another 50 miles or so today. They seem to heat up fast, and grip really well. I'm wishing for more feedback from the front Diablo, but I'll bump the pressure 1-2 psi and see how it goes. Don't want them heating up too much either. Sooo much nicer than the Pilot Roads. Much more fun riding when I don't have to worry about the front disappearing on an easy corner.

Last edited by Phenix_Rider; 08-16-2008 at 10:23 PM..
Phenix_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:22 AM   #96
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
I put on another 50 miles or so today. They seem to heat up fast, and grip really well. I'm wishing for more feedback from the front Diablo, but I'll bump the pressure 1-2 psi and see how it goes. Don't want them heating up too much either. Sooo much nicer than the Pilot Roads. Much more fun riding when I don't have to worry about the front disappearing on an easy corner.
Pirelli FTW If I didn't already have two sets of Diablos, I'd be getting the Rossos myself (I still might!).
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:26 AM   #97
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Oh shit... just tried the new Bridgestones, BT003R's. FUCKING AMAZING. I went with a medium front and hard rear, perfect combination.

Yea things are really changing,which is actually normal for motorcycle tires! What was the shit yesterday,is shit today! I've heard nothing but good things about the new gen Bridgestones.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:09 PM   #98
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

I'm thinking about a sporty set of Bridgestones next- 014s or 016s maybe, but def. not 021s. I've heard they have more front end feel because of a slightly stiffer carcass.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:17 PM   #99
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
I do something similar for commuting and twisties.

For the track I monitor my hot temps though, not cold... hot temps are more important.

For example pirelli vendor told me you want around 32-33 hot... I ended up needing to put them around 27 cold... this is obviously very dependent on ambient and track temps.
that's why my track pressure is such a huge range compared to the other two
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:58 PM   #100
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

I ran 38 front and rear on my PP's. I think I ran 30 or 32 at the track with them.

I run the Corsa III's at 38 as well.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote