Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

View Poll Results: Will you stay at the Blairsville Holiday Inn for the meet in Suches GA May 8-10?
Yes I'm staying there 13 43.33%
No, I'm either not coming or will have other accomodations. 17 56.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2009, 03:21 AM   #201
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
When you're saying first aid kit, are you talking about a medical first aid kit, a road kit, or is the one you got from Tourmaster a bit of both? I know how to put together a good first aid kit. I'm more concerned with needing something for the bike. I really have no clue as to what I would need aside from my tool kit (which I've added a little to). Wade put together a little something when we would take trips, but I never really paid attention. I've been lucky on the couple I've been on since then, because those I rode with had their own kit they had put together and told me to not worry about it. . .

i was referring to a medical first aid bag. I put other stuff in it since I can do a lot more for someone in the field if I have the stuff to do it. I do need to improve my mechanical stuff too though. For a secret santa gift I got a multi tool from eddie bauer and an led flashlight thats small and fookin bright.

the tourmaster site has a lot of nice toolkits andother goodies.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:16 AM   #202
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

you'll want a tire plug kit, first aid kit, cell phone, bike air pump if ya can... and a map. I also like keep'n a little snack incase I brake down... but as you guys aren't really going BFE the first 4 should be good.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:24 AM   #203
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
you'll want a tire plug kit, first aid kit, cell phone, bike air pump if ya can... and a map. I also like keep'n a little snack incase I brake down... but as you guys aren't really going BFE the first 4 should be good.

Good call on the air pump, I didnt think of that. I think some of the tire repair kits have co2 cartirges thatmay be able to fill the tire.
I will go look on the tourmaster site now since Ihave a few minutes of downtime.

Tom
Old 01-11-2009, 04:29 AM   #204
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Found one.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ation-Kit.aspx

my b-day is comming up this week so we will see about that one

Tom
Old 01-11-2009, 04:29 AM   #205
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Good call on the air pump, I didnt think of that. I think some of the tire repair kits have co2 cartirges thatmay be able to fill the tire.
I will go look on the tourmaster site now since Ihave a few minutes of downtime.

Tom
yeah I have one of those... I took extra Co2 cartridges just in case
Old 01-11-2009, 04:35 AM   #206
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Thanks, Ebbs!

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:38 AM   #207
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Thanks, Ebbs!
yup yup. I'll have all those on me... I actually have all that shit under my seat all the time... even on solo rides... actually forgot about it when I met up with Rae... she asked me about it and I was like... nope.. don't have it..
Old 01-11-2009, 04:40 AM   #208
tommymac
Moto GP Star

thats all the stuff you want to buy and will never use

I may need to invest or upgrade in some raingear too, otherwise i think I will be good to go

Tom
Old 01-11-2009, 04:44 AM   #209
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
thats all the stuff you want to buy and will never use

I may need to invest or upgrade in some raingear too, otherwise i think I will be good to go

Tom
I picked up some frogtogs... AWESOME... but invest in some booty's for your boots if they're not waterproof... my feet got SOAKED... and made riding horrible... also... after 900+miles and 14hrs of riding with soaked feet... they smelled something great too
Old 01-11-2009, 06:37 AM   #210
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I picked up some frogtogs... AWESOME... but invest in some booty's for your boots if they're not waterproof... my feet got SOAKED... and made riding horrible... also... after 900+miles and 14hrs of riding with soaked feet... they smelled something great too
I will def look into that. We got clobbered by the rain riding to the Cf rally in sept and my feet and hands were soaked. The rest of my gear held up well , and i had my track gloves in the car my gf was driving so i had a dry pair for the weekend.

Tom