Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 08-11-2009, 04:14 PM   #21
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
I think you guys are being narrow minded. The fuckin rv guy probably damn near ran him over, like in a lane change so the guy got pissed and was explaining it to the man. Problem was, the rider couldn't ride well enough to back up his "mouth".

I have done similar countless times. I have also master the 6" cut off. Especially on the new hog. But unlike when I was on the rocket, most drivers tend to fear the hd rider more. Hmmm...

i don't think it's narrow minded. I agree with everything you put there including he couldn't ride well enough to back up his actions therefore I think he's a flaming retard who shouldn't be playing games with his life or the lives of others.

it's all fun and games 'till someone becomes a hood ornament. or in this case grill meat.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:20 PM   #22
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleck750 View Post
Costs too much to replace the bike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiergirl View Post
We'll never know the truth but who's to say his bike chain didn't come off, his brakes locked up or the engine failed or something mechanical that caused him to slow/stop and this guy in the RV just wasn't paying enough attention and just ran him over.

could have been the biker being a dumb ass too but no one knows....
True!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
i don't think it's narrow minded. I agree with everything you put there including he couldn't ride well enough to back up his actions therefore I think he's a flaming retard who shouldn't be playing games with his life or the lives of others.

it's all fun and games 'till someone becomes a hood ornament. or in this case grill meat.

Bottom line we willnever know cause there is no way the RV driver is going to come forth with any more info.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:23 PM   #23
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

If you're the RV driver why would you say dude was buzzing you with rude gestures, braked hard and you ran him over? Why wouldn't you just say guy was in front of you and his bike malfunctioned if thats what happened? I'm pretty sure in investigation might reveal a malfunction.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:24 PM   #24
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
4th paragraph states 'witnesses'.
Okay, here's where I lower even the lowest opinion of me... I've done exactly what this guy is accused of doing in the past. Mostly when idiots are tailgating me on the freeway. Now in my defense, I drop it in second and am prepared to gas it if necessary but a stupid maneuver none the less.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:23 PM   #25
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

The only time a brake check truly works is with stock car racing restarts. Any other time it is better to kick em on the way by or fling up the old proverbial pocket full of bb's as you pull away...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:36 PM   #26
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
I think you guys are being narrow minded. The fuckin rv guy probably damn near ran him over, like in a lane change so the guy got pissed and was explaining it to the man. Problem was, the rider couldn't ride well enough to back up his "mouth".

I have done similar countless times. I have also master the 6" cut off. Especially on the new hog. But unlike when I was on the rocket, most drivers tend to fear the hd rider more. Hmmm...
And, at the end of the day, public perception is that motorcyclists are the dangerous ones. THIS is why... it's that lasting impression that stays with them.

Why on EARTH would you do that?

You feel you're going to teach them a lesson? Great - you're dead. Hope your family's pain is worth the lesson to some stranger that won't even "get it."

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:35 PM   #27
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Well lesson or not, they tend to back way off and dont ever come near me again.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:43 PM   #28
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:

If the RV is moving over and the driver does not see the bike, then bike should just share the lane with the RV or speed up. Now..the biker is killed because of stupidity.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:58 AM   #29
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Well lesson or not, they tend to back way off and dont ever come near me again.
Weaving from side to side in your lane has a tendency of getting the same result

He could have very well been doing a brake check...who knows. Why else would a motorcyclist give obsene gesture to a cager unless the cager did something stupid that caused the biker a nice "oh shit" moment and some road rage? I know I wouldn't brake check a motorhome just like I wouldn't do it to a semi. That's just nuts.

I rarely brake check when I'm riding. I will, however, weave from side to side. It usually gets their attention and they don't want to be around some crazy biker so they back off.

I've seen a few people do it while riding. Wade used to light up the rear tire when he did it.

Brake checking a motorhome was a stupid move IMO. But it doesn't keep me from feeling bad for everyone who's lives it involved.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:03 AM   #30
Rider
Moto GP Star

I let my middle finger do the talking. It gets the point across without have to put my life on the line. A pocket full of marbles works well too and in the extreme event, a nice flemy mouth full of lung butter spit on their windshield does wonders.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote