Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-28-2009, 10:15 AM   #1
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade
Default MS Outlook

My company is doing a email migration from Lotus to Outlook. They are doing it in phases and last night mine migrated. However the migration hasn't occured for anyone else in my department yet.

So I am trying to figure this stupid thing out and even posted a question on the Q&A forum and got nothing.

Can anyone tell me how to organize my folders? My Inbox was placed in alphabetical order and it's a pain in the ass to go search for it because I have a crap load of folders.

I want my Inbox, Sent and Deleted Folder to all be at the top for easy access. I tried to just drag it and it just places it inside the very first folder as a sub folder.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:17 AM   #2
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

I could have told you a few years ago, Heather, but I've been in an Outlook shop for the last three years and can't remember enough about Lotus Notes.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:18 AM   #3
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
My company is doing a email migration from Lotus to Outlook. They are doing it in phases and last night mine migrated. However the migration hasn't occured for anyone else in my department yet.

So I am trying to figure this stupid thing out and even posted a question on the Q&A forum and got nothing.

Can anyone tell me how to organize my folders? My Inbox was placed in alphabetical order and it's a pain in the ass to go search for it because I have a crap load of folders.

I want my Inbox, Sent and Deleted Folder to all be at the top for easy access. I tried to just drag it and it just places it inside the very first folder as a sub folder.
You can't move them in the All Mail Folders but you can change the order in your Favorites Folder.

Last edited by Rider; 07-28-2009 at 10:21 AM..
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:21 AM   #4
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

you should be able to click the header of the column you want your inbox to resort to what you need. Like if you want your inbox sorted by newest first, click the column header and select arrange by date, then go over and say newest first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:21 AM   #5
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
I could have told you a few years ago, Heather, but I've been in an Outlook shop for the last three years and can't remember enough about Lotus Notes.
I'm in Outlook now.

I think what I am going to have to do is create a folder for my folders and drag them all into the new Folder Folder.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:23 AM   #6
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Lucikly I came to my company just after they migrated to Outlook. I've never used Lotus.

Good luck!
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:28 AM   #7
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

You should have a Favorite Folders at the top in the left pane (called the navigation pane) under mail.
right click on any folder u want and select add to favorites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:32 AM   #8
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Outlook indexing isn't as good as Lotus so it helps to organize better from the start.
You can create all your folders under mail but find out if your company is going to use an email retention policy. If so you'll want to set up a personal folder (new PST)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:46 AM   #9
Bluestreak
What?

Moto: Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
I'm in Outlook now.

I think what I am going to have to do is create a folder for my folders and drag them all into the new Folder Folder.
You got it now!

Outlook will eventually index them for you so they are searchable. Might take some time depending on the size of your mailbox.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:49 AM   #10
MILK
The cows want you dead.

My company goes from one to the other every 4 or 5 years to keep us confused!! I am on Outlook for the second time now... the Favorites folder should be the ticket Heather.
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote