Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Touring

Old 03-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

So I decided to spend two days at my brothers, neither of which I ended up going to San Fran.* That'll have to wait until next trip, instead, I mailed off excess clothes, and my camping gear.* I haven't been in the mood to camp.* When I camp I like to end the day early, start a fire, and relax.* I just don't feel like shorting the riding that much.* As is, I haven't been covering much ground due to stopping for pictures.* The other thing I found was KOA's (I know not the ONLY place to camp, but nice as many have wifi and showers) are just as expensive as motel 6.*

The extra weight was wighing on my mind too. The bike has fallen over 4 times, and every time it's been to the kickstand side.* as is, when I get off the front tire slides a little more when the handlebars are turned.* Just doesn't seem stable, I know the lean is a well known issue, but didn't think it was THAT big an issue.* With my camping gear and everything I have to really watch to make sure it's not going to topple over. So I shipped off 40lbs of gear... which was everything in my black wolfman bag and my tripod.* Bike seems much happier, guess I just need to learn to pack lighter.

Anyways, yesterday I left Roseville, and headed to Yosemite National Park.* I followed 49 to 120, GREAT riding, lots of twisties, good pavement, little traffic.* The only problem was there were signs saying 120 was closed in Yosemite, with no access to the Valley floor.* I figured as with most detour's they'd have the Detour this way sign.* so I followed 120 looking for them... Nope.* Ended up at the Gate for Yosemite where I was turned around, told to back track 17 miles, and go an extra 45 miles out of the way.* Awesome.* I had left my brothers at 0930 expecting to be at Yosemitie by 1130ish.* I would have made it.* as was with the detour, I didn't arrive until after 1300 (1pm)* The roads were phenominal though... 49 and 140 are amazing.

As I said I arrived in Yosemite at 1300 and started with the pics

Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote